Clayton Jenkins, type 1 diabetic and co-founder of the Razor Crusaders, had a vision to one day cure diabetes. He started the Razor Crusaders group in 2008 with hopes to scooter his way through life's trials, especially as a diabetic. Two years ago he unexpectedly passed away at age 22; in his memory we have launched this campaign "Ride for Diabetes" with hopes of lifting diabetics and individuals around the world who need to know that YOU. ARE. LIMITLESS!
Our goal is to raise funds for our campaign that will allow us to double the world record for Razor scooter relay! By breaking a world record and traveling nearly 400 miles across the state of Utah, we hope to individually touch lives and donate all proceeds to much needed diabetic research. We know that everyone is affected by this disease and the only way to find a cure (and improve lives), we all must give back in some way.
We've partnered with the non-profit organization LIMITLESS - CONQUERING DIABETES, whose vision is to promote diabetes awareness through lifestyle and innovation. Limitless has a very individual and genuine touch but also has the ability to reach the masses. For example, Limitless has:
- Educated over 500 middle schoolers about type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Been invited to continue teaching middle and high school students by presenting at Utah's SBO summit for all Utah students (July 7-9, 2014)
- Held a benefit concert featuring singers from The Voice, the opening singer for Carrie Underwood at the Stadium of Fire, and others
- We'll be able to visit more schools around the state of Utah and educate your kids about type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- The Razor Crusaders will be able to complete the near-400 mile ride! So thank you! :)
- Want to see more Ride for Diabetes campaigns? This is how it'll be made possible!
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can't contribute, but that doesn't mean you can't help! Please help us make noise about our campaign by:
- Using the Indiegogo share tools! Let all your friends and family there really are people in this world that are genuinely concerned about others
- Visit our website and educate yourself regarding diabetes and how you really are limitless!