QuickZip: The Original Hole-free Belt That's Made in America
In 2009, Steinhausen developed a revolutionary belt that:
- Has no holes
- Doesn't wear out
- Adjusts 1/4" at a time
- Adjusts with a click of a button or cinch of the belt without having to unbuckle your belt
- Provides the ultimate comfort
- Is made from genuine leather
- And is manufactured in America
When I began the project, I was told I would never be able to manufacture the belt in the United States. I was told the materials weren't available and neither was the skilled labor needed. After nearly two years of research and sourcing, Steinhausen produced the first American made QuickZip Belt using Italian leather. A few months later the first American made QuickZip Belts were available with All-American leather!
Steinhausen initially produced thousands of men's belts in a variety of colors and leather grains. The belts are made in Los Angeles, California using leathers from the United States and Italy. The QuickZip Belt has since been knocked off, copied (like so many great products are), made overseas, and sold/marketed under a variety of names with a variety of stories. Still, nothing comes close to the quality and lifetime guarantee of the original QuickZip Belt by Steinhausen!
What We Need & How You Score
We are looking to produce more of our traditional belts as well as launch additional belt styles with a variety of leathers and a smaller width belt designed for women:
- We are looking to raise $10,000 to make more of our existing QuickZip Belts as well as to begin making women's styles and sizes
- The belts will always be made in America!
- We have sourced environmentally friendly and sustainable leathers, including vegetable tanned leathers and even salmon farmed leathers!
- Greater economies of scale are possible with higher levels of funding, which would lead to lower costs and more affordable belts for everyone
- Even if f we don't reach our goal of $10,000 we will manufacture a lower volume of QuickZip Belts with the funds that we do receive
How you benefit is tremendous:
- The Ultimate comfort with instant resizing of your belt in 1/4" increments
Gain or loose weight without your belt holes tell on you
- Fashionable, top quality feathered edge belts
- A belt that truly lasts a lifetime and is guaranteed for the life of the belt
- Style, style, and more style. Plus, you are getting the original, made in America hole-free belt!
- All contributions come with added benefits that will help you feel good and add some luxury to your life
- Support American jobs
I also plan to use funds over the $10,000 goal to start utilizing a process that takes the scrap leather that is left over and pieces the leather together into strips that can be used for more belts. This process is a complex one, but I now have the ability to do it at a reasonably affordable rate right here in Los Angeles! This leads to a greater percentage of our leather being used and much less waste.
Usually only 80-90% of the actual cowhide can be used in making belts. This will lift our utilization to over 96% I will also utilize the remaining scraps to make watch straps for Steinhausen's leather watch bands and wallets. My ultimate goal is to utilize as close to 100% of every cowhide!
Here are some of our genuine leather exotic prints made in America from American leather. These are several of the exotic leathers that I am looking to launch if I can beat our $10,000 goal. These simulated exotic leathers are made in Florida from American cowhide.
Other Ways You Can Help
Maybe you can't contribute money, but that doesn't mean you can't help support American manufacturing jobs!
- Please help us get the word out by sharing on Facebook, Twitter, your blog, or even good old fashioned talking with your family at dinner.
- Indiegogo has a variety of share tools available to make sharing easier!
Thank you for your support!