Q.DESIGNS Footwear is sponsored by SCAD - The University for Creative Careers
Hello, my name is Quintin Williams and I am the Founder/Designer of Q.DESIGNS. Q.DESIGNS Footwear is something I've been working to get off of the ground for some years now, and finally I've gotten to the point where I can possibly make it a reality! I'm simply a 24 year-old, ambitious designer with tons of passion for putting cool footwear designs on people's feet. I've designed for many brands including the Disney Company, Spira, Native Shoes, and PEAK Sports USA to name a few. I've been lucky enough to be hand-selected for a 3-week PENSOLE course in Portland, OR, win a nation-wide shoe design contest, and live in China for 2 months designing an athletic boot line. But to be able to showcase my passion through my own product is nothing less than priceless. With your help, I can let you enjoy my creations just as much!
Q.DESIGNS was designed to be a brand that encompasses both casual/lifestyle shoe aesthetics along with sport/basketball aesthetics...a hybrid. I chose to take this route because I personally love to wear footwear that have a classy look if I want to dress up, but seeing that I'm an ex-basketball player, I love wearing basketball shoes when dressing down. Then one day I thought, "Why can't I wear both simultaneously?" That day, I decided to make it a reality be introducing this line of shoes.
WHY BACK THIS CAMPAIGN?
Here is what you will help contribute to:
- Help cover the cost of production/delivery the men's NO.2 (US SIZE 8-13)
- Help cover the cost of production/delivery of the unisex NO.3 (US WMS 5-11 and US MNS 8-13)
- Help cover the cost of production/delivery of the women's ASHLEY (US SIZE 5-11)
- Help cover the cost of opening the outsole and insole molds for the performance NO.2...the Elite, which is scheduled to launch late 2014.
- All orders placed on the NO.2 will be delivered regardless if goal is reached due to the regulations of the factory I work with
- Help cover the cost of the sampling/production/delivery of the Q.DESIGNS Accessory and Apparel Collection
WHAT'S THE STORY BEHIND THE COLORWAY AND NAMES?
When creating the Q.DESIGNS line, I wanted the initial shoe to be named "NO.2" because as an artist, creations usually originate with you sketching with the NO.2 pencil...that's the foundation. We later graduate to pen, marker, pastels, etc. So the staple colorway of the Q.DESIGNS footwear line will always be Tuscan: brown, black, and pink. Brown represents the wood of the pencil, black for the lead, and pink for the eraser tip. As for the women's line, the initial style begins with Ashley because of my fiancé's middle name. The next style will follow the alphabetical order with B.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS?
- $12,000 will provide enough funds to get the Tuscan and Gamma NO.2 casually athletic sneakers manufactured and shipped
- $24,000 will provide enough funds to get the Tuscan and Gamma NO.2 and unisex NO.3 casually athletic sneakers manufactured and shipped
- $32,000 will provide enough funds to get the Tuscan and Gamma NO.2, the unisex NO.3, and the Ashley (women's sneaker wedge) manufactured and shipped
HELP SPREAD THE BIGGER WORD
Please help spread the word of Q.DESIGNS Footwear even if you can't give a financial contribution. The bigger meaning of Q.DESIGNS is showing people across the globe that ALL dreams, goals, ideas, and phenomenons can become a reality with dedication and ambition towards your craft. So once again, if you can't support financially, please consider supporting mentally and verbally by spreading this page via all social media platforms and through family and friends!
You are much appreciated!
QUINTIN WILLIAMS | Founder/Designer of Q.DESIGNS