You all saw SHARKNADO on Syfy last summer, but what you might not have known is that a tiny little studio called The Asylum actually made the movie. That's us! Hi.
We're so happy that you guys, the fans, made SHARKNADO into a surprise hit. Now we're making the sequel, and this time we want our fans to be a part of it from the very beginning.
As you surely remember, the first SHARKNADO burst onto the scene in Los Angeles. But this time, Fin, April, and some brand-new heroes have to contend with a shark-storm in New York City. And it's going to be bigger, crazier, and even more star-studded than the first one.
We came up with a little scene that'll only be in the movie if you guys fund it. And we'll tell you what it is, so you'll be in on it.
Here's the deal. The production team has come up with the idea to crowd fund a brand-new bonus scene, just for our fans. You guys made SHARKNADO the most culturally relevant film of last year. Now we want you to be able to say that this time, you actually had a hand in making the film. You're welcome!
We don't want to give away too much, but here's what I can tell you: there will be sharks, chainsaws, and chainsaws being used in the vicinity of sharks.
We need $50,000 dollars to give this scene the treatment it deserves. Your money will go toward everything we need to make the scene work.
And, because we feel kind of bad about all the CGI sharks we've obliterated in our oeuvre, we're also donating 10% of the proceeds from this campaign to the RJ Dunlap Marine Conservation Program at the University of Miami, which works tirelessly to save real live sharks in trouble!
Here's how your contributions will be used:
- The crew, the equipment, and all the other nuts and bolts we need to film it.
- Special effects (specifically sharks, sharks, and more sharks).
- Shark conservation - if we reach our goal, we'll even be able to "adopt" a shark!
In addition to the warm glow in your heart you'll get from being a part of this film and supporting shark conservation, there are loads of perks for you if you join us, including:
- We'll tell you what the scene is and where it appears.
- A recording of your scream will be used in the movie.
- We'll put YOU in the movie!
- An outrageous amount of swag, including stuff autographed by the stars
- A custom t-shirt
- And more! Be sure to check this space for new perks as the campaign gets going!
If you can't be a part of our campaign, you can always:
- Spread the word to all your friends
- Tweet with hashtag #Sharknado2
- Watch the movie on Syfy on July 30!
Thank you! We can't wait to show you your scene.