PHASE TWO FUNDING STILL NEEDED!
We've all seen them, billboards preaching an "Eternity In Hell" and "God is Watching!" Are you tired of getting preached to on your way to work every day, told that, "You Are A Sinner!"? So are we, and it's time to preach back with colorful messages of reason - using the Bible to challenge the Bible.
We are the authors of the bestselling mock children's book, "Awkward Moments (Not Found In Your Average) Children's Bible - an indie project that exploded over Christmas due to the amazing support of a rabid fan base. The point of the original book was to get people of all faiths to really think about what their Bible teaches teach...
- By popular demand from our fans, we are now ready to bring these messages (supported by actual scripture) to the masses and fight fire with fire - roadside billboards next to busy roads in very Christian cities across America
- With over 50% of professing Christians unable to even name the four Gospels, many will be surprised to learn that Jesus teaches his disciples to that their families and that the New Testament teaches women to be silent.
Well, we can rent billboards, too! It's time to preach back to the preachers!
What We Need & What You Get
- The PHASE ONE budget will to help us fund at least one billboard in a medium market (some billboards in major cities cost as much as $12,000/mo).
- The PHASE TWO budget will allow us to increase our reach into more cities with more messages that are highly relevant to each location/
- Every dollar we raise above the minimum budget will go toward additional billboards in additional cities - just in time for Easter!
- Check out our fun perks at each donation level. (We wish we could offer
better perks, but this is a fundraiser for a media campaign, not a
profitable product... We hope you understand!) The only "perks" that are delayed until the campaign is complete would be the postcard photos of the actual billboards. Books ship immediately.
The Goal Of The Campaign
Evangelism is a two-way street. I spent the better part of my adult life figuring out ways to "reach the lost". Years later, I realize that nobody is really "reaching the saved".
This is NOT a mean spirited campaign, it is designed to:
- Use the Bible to make people think about what the Bible teaches
- Use the Bible to make people think about modern cultural influences
- Use common evangelism tactics to reach those who are "sheltered" from reason.
(Some might think that these verses are no longer relevant. However, there are MANY churches in America who still hold onto this misogyny, and it's really no wonder why women are still paid less than their male counterparts for the same job. It's still a problem.)
(Yes, many Bibles have updated their texts to trade the original translation of "unicorn" for a more modern/acceptable "ox" or "bull". But, fear not - many people (including Answers In Genesis still believe in unicorns.)
- Near the Creation Museum in Kentucky
- Topeka, KS (near Westboro Baptist Church)
- Greenvillle, SC (near Bob Jones University)
- Dallas, TX (near "Drive Safe, Hell Is Eternal" billboard)
- About 20 other locations in the Bible Belt have been scoped out...
(While most billboards will be focused toward the general public, some might be very locally relevant, like this one placed near Westboro Baptist Church to
publicly challenge Fred Phelps, leader of the "God Hates Fags" campaigns.)
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Make sure to "like" the Awkward Bible Facebook page for updates!
- Please use Indiegogo share tools to get this campaign funded ASAP!
(This one would be used to address the "convenience" when Christians try to disregard the Old Testament (except for the parts they like...))
(Prince of Peace? Really? This mockup is really only meant for online use as part of a blog discussion and we don't imagine it would ever see the light of day. However, the entire 10th Chapter of Matthew sure reads like the leader of a Holy War preparing his troops for battle, death, and destruction.)