This year marks the start of the Polytheist Leadership Conference – and 2014 is the fourth and most community-focused year in the Otherfaith! We're a modern polytheistic religion seeking to get more involved in our connected communities, and Aine Llewellyn heads the faith.
We hope to raise enough money in this campaign to send Aine to this conference, where a variety of polytheists will be meeting, all with the goal of growing polytheism. Since the Otherfaith is polytheistic, this opportunity would be amazing if we can achieve it.
Aine Llewellyn is the founder and current head of the Otherfaith. She has been a Pagan and polytheist for nine years, and she founded the Otherfaith with the intent of creating a flourishing communal religion.
The chance to speak at the conference as a presenter offers more publicity to the faith, important during these formative years. It also allows the faith to be, rightfully, influenced by the other polytheistic religions growing around it! This chance could mean huge things for the 'faith!
What We Need
The money you contribute will be spent toward:
- $500 toward plane ticket (round trip)
$300 hotel expenses
- $100 other travel expenses
- $50 religious paraphernalia (artwork, information packets)
- $50 emergency funds
What You Get
By contributing to this campaign, the Other People contribute to their voices being heard, and the Otherfaith is further established as a growing, emerging religion! We offer a variety of perks for contributors as well.
- Those who contribute between $10-25 will receive a Tarot reading from Aine Llewellyn, through email or Skype (whichever they prefer).
- Those who contribute between $50-100 will receive a charm or charm pack (small cards with sacred symbols on them), as well as a Tarot reading.
- Those who contribute between $100-500 will receive a blog highlight & thank you on both the Patheos blog, the Tumblog, & the Wordpress blog. They will also receive a charm pack & Tarot reading.
The Polytheist Leadership Conference is all about getting polytheists together to talk, face to face. So far, the Otherfaith has been online - born and cultivated - and the chance to talk face-to-face with other polytheists is invaluable. It also gives the Otherfaith space as an emerging polytheist religion, and that, too, is a priceless opportunity.
- As a new/emerging religion with new gods, the Otherfaith can offer new perspectives and ideas concerning polytheism in our modern world, as well as bring innovative ideas to the table.
- We cannot undervalue the chance at community building that comes from offline interaction. Networking, building friendships, and understanding people better is a great thing, and the conference will allow that to happen. We need to recover from last year's vitriol, and one way to do that is to put forth a hand.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can't contribute, but you would like to help, you can!
- Spread this campaign on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter! The more people who see it, the more contributors are possible. There are a variety of tools and buttons on Indiegogo that you can use to share this campaign!
- Talking about and sharing information about the Otherfaith also helps us, immensely. That is how many possible and current devotees come to learn about us, and hearing about us from friends helps people feel comfortable. So, please, share who we are and what we do!