- Pointe of Contact is a 28 minute film being created in association with Missouri State University and Abstract Expressions.
- The crew working on this film is incredibly talented. We are all very passionate about this project because it's the amalgamation of so many art forms we love.
- We are so excited and ready to deliver an ambitious product that will show off our dancers/actors amazing abilities and entertain you as an audience member.
- Pointe of Contact presents a rare opportunity for everyone in our community. By donating to Pointe of Contact, you become an integral part of that process.
What We Need & What You Get
- Making a movie isn't cheap. Our budget projections have put us at $4,200. That money will fund things like wardrobe (dance costumes... need I say more?); makeup (you've all seen Dance Moms); hair (hairspray, accessories, pins); craft services (a happy crew is a well-fed crew); camera equipment (it's an expensive hobby); lighting accessories (gels, gels, and more gels); visual effects; distribution (you want to see what you've helped create, don't you?); and much more. There's a lot that goes into making movies. The more money we raise, the better the finished product will be.
- With each contribution, you (our wonderful donor) will receive the perks that the producer and director have chosen for you.
- If we don't reach our entire goal, we are required to give back some of our money to the Indiegogo site and will therefore not be able to fulfill the vision of Pointe of Contact to the best of our ability.
- Pointe of Contact is not just a student project. It's a culmination of filmmaking, dance, music, animation, design, and acting. It's an opportunity for our cast and crew to test the potential of their creativity. Our project is an educational experience that will serve as a launching pad for many aspiring artists.
- Many of of us have worked on several local projects which successfully fundraised through IndieGogo, including Shadow Bound and Epilogue.
- Every penny contributed goes towards something important. It all helps us to realize our vision for Pointe of Contact.
Other Ways You Can Help
Follow us on our social media and make some noise about our film and campaign:
- Twitter: @Pointe_contact
- Instagram: Pointeofcontactfilm
- Donate crew meals and snacks during Production! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work something out between us! Thanks!