More than 50% of us delay going to the doctor because of the hassle associated with finding the right doctor, getting an available appointment, and then sitting in the waiting room - it's more frustrating than going to the DMV. Fortunately, 70% of visits can be handled virtually!
With PlushCare, our Stanford-trained MDs will diagnose and treat your illnesses or injuries same-day via email, phone or video chat, including prescribing medication when necessary. If we think that you need to see a physician in person, we will consult with them directly before your visit. Furthermore, you can get specialist referrals or even lab tests ordered without the hassle or cost of a primary care appointment.
Our mission goes beyond convenience, cost and quality. We want to provide children globally with a healthy and productive life. Today, that's not happening - 430 children die per day (158,000 per year) from measles, which is a disease that could be prevented with a vaccine. Why? Because one in five children lacks access to the life saving immunizations that keep children healthy. We want to change that, thus for every individual that purchases PlushCare, we will provide one child a lifetime of immunity to measles.
Did we mention same-day video appointments? Think about it...Normally, you can't get an appointment for a week; you show up to the appointment on time, sit in a waiting room packed with other sick people for 30 minutes (all while the parking meter ticks away); and then, a medical bill arrives 90 days later with undecipherable line items when you thought you had insurance coverage.
- No More Dr. Google: No need to spend hours on the internet trying to self-diagnose or guessing which type of specialist you need to see.
- At Your Convenience: Same or next day appointments. No need to take a day off work to sit in the waiting room.
- From Wherever You Are: Use PlushCare from your home, your office, while on travel for work, or on vacation, including internationally.
- Optimize Your Performance: We're here to help you with any questions related to nutrition, fitness, sleep, stress, or any other wellness topics to ensure that you are performing at your optimal level everyday.
- Only The Best Doctors: Our doctors are board certified with medical degrees and training at top US medical institutions.
- Don't Deal With Insurance Companies: According to recent NPS scores, health insurance companies are some of the most hated companies in the US. With PlushCare, you don't have to deal with them.
- Have Kids?: PlushCare can diagnose, recommend treatment or advise whether your child should see a pediatrician in person, saving you from guesswork, anxiety, time and money.
Save Money: PlushCare costs far less than urgent care or ER visits for non-emergency medical care.
- Privacy: Rest assured, all of your medical information will be kept private in our HIPAA compliant EMR.
We are offering PlushCare at a discount to a limited number of California residents to prove demand, build a stronger relationship with our early adopters, and use your feedback to make our service as amazing as possible. In addition, we want to use the money that we raise to scale our service to more people and eventually the world.
We're two Stanford-trained MDs and the former Head of Product for AT&T mHealth (Berkeley-Haas) with the shared belief that greed and the lack of patient power has stifled progress in our healthcare system. This has led to an inefficient and expensive system. We believe we're the right team, San Francisco is the right place and the time couldn't be any better to make an impact.
MobiHealthNews: AT&T alum crowdfunds remote doctor visits app on Indiegogo
Crowdfund Insider: PlushCare Connects Real Doctors to Your Medical Questions
Health 2.0 News: Matthew Holt Interviews PlushCare Founder Ryan McQuaid
Haas Business School: Studying & Launching Simultaneously
Q: What conditions can you treat?
Health researchers have recently published that 70% of physician office visits can be handled virtually. We can diagnose, recommend treatment and prescribe medication for non-emergency medical issues including: cold and flu symptoms, bronchitis, allergies, poison ivy, pink eye, urinary tract infection, respiratory infection, sinus problems, ear infection and more!
Q: How does PlushCare work with my insurance?
It does not matter what insurance plan you have. In fact, you never have to deal with your insurance company for reimbursements or other issues when seeing a doctor.
Q: What if I already have a primary care physician?
PlushCare is not intended to replace your existing primary care physician, but rather compliment such relationship. It's estimated 7 out of 10 physician visits can be handled via phone. However, for those other 3 out of 10 times, we will recommend that you see your primary care physician in person or help guide you to one if you do not have an existing relationship.
Q: Is it secure?
Yes, our video visits meet the highest security standards in the industry so you can have a safe, secure and confidential consult.
Q: If I sign-up for an account, can a friend or family member use it for a visit?
You must be a registered user to have a PlushCare visit.
Q: How does it work if my PlushCare doctor writes me a prescription?
We will send your prescription to your most convenient pharmacy.
For anything you wish to know about PlushCare, or if you wish to get in touch with us, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org