The World Water Crisis Is A Sad Reality
There are currently more than 1 billion people all over the world who don't have access to fresh, clean drinking water. From Latin America to South East Asia to Sub-Saharan Africa, people from all walks of life are not able to find clean water to drink. But it doesn't stop there. The lack of water sadly leads to multiple other problems in nations that negatively affect education, health, poverty and economic growth. Based on our own experiences and travels, we've witnessed first-hand the terrible struggles families have had to endure because of such poor water conditions. And so, we decided we've had enough of sitting around. We knew it was time to take action.
What We Need & Pledge Allocation
After 5 months of hustling, pulling favors, working with people ranging from mariners, ship builders and government officials, and after scraping together our own funds, we have finally managed to obtain a vessel that is poised to be retrofitted. But we can't do it alone and can really use your help. Take a look below to see where your funds will be going:
Phase 1: Construction of the Functional Prototype - $50,000
- Enables Planet Hydra to desalinate up to 2,000 gallons of water each day and to immediately start bottling water for distribution to local communities
- Allows Planet Hydra to mobilize and immediately aid areas and people victimized by natural disasters
- Provides resources to restore existing boathouse and to provide educational tours for students and coordinate with the City of Los Angeles to develop local "water crisis" programs
- Acts as a presentable prototype proof of concept to already interested venture capitalists, governments and utility companies around the world and for the purpose of raising large amounts of capital to fund the construction of our standard sized boat and, ultimately, our fleet.
- Gives Planet Hydra the opportunity to secure water contracts from representatives all over the world.
We've had extraordinary interest from investors, governments, and utility companies all around the world who were willing to fund and invest in us if they could see a working prototype. Now that we have our own vessel that is ready to be retrofitted, all we're missing is $50,000 to build out our prototype. Your pledge will not only help us achieve our dream in building something that can have a worldwide impact, it will enable the over billion people around the world to finally taste fresh clean drinking water in some cases for the first time.
This is a pledge you can feel good about.
Look below for a quick roadmap for the next year.
How Does It work?
We will be retrofitting Reverse Osmosis (RO) systems onto our Nautical Aqua Ship (NAS), a marine vessel which will process ocean salt water to fresh clean drinking water.
Once the reverse osmosis system processes and cleans out the water, it travels through a tube either on the ocean floor or on the top of the water and into a tank sitting on shore. There will be two tanks available, one for the storage of water and one for the storage of the salt or brine.
Once the water is processed, filtered and stored into tanks, the water will then be distributed throughout the rest of the town and nation based on contracts with that nation or utility company.
How Planet Hydra Is Powered
Our nautical aqua ships will be powered off the grid through a control center that will be on shore. The vessel will also have solar panels to help offset energy costs. The vessel will always remain within 2 miles from shore to continuously provide drinking water to the location.
Our vision is to provide fresh clean drinking water to nations all over the world during natural disasters by:
- Quickly mobilizing to provide water to nations victimized by natural disasters
- Partnering with NGOs and governments to subsidize pricing in order to provide drinking water to nations during sensitive vulnerable time
- Alleviating short-term spikes in demand and droughts
Other Ways You Can Support
We understand that not everyone has the means to contribute, but you can still get involved! Here are some ways you can help:
- Show our campaign to your friends, family, co-workers and classmates to get the word out and even ask them to make a pledge! Every little bit helps.
- Sharing is caring. Be a digital brand ambassador and share the Planet Hydra campaign on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and other digital platforms.