We are seeking funding to help us complete the development of “MyPetsOnTime”, an online pet care management and reminder application that will help pet owners stay better organized with their pet related services and treatments, build a community of like-minded pet owners, and ultimately take better care of their pets.
The Benefits of MyPetsOnTime
Being a Better Pet Owner
Let’s face it: being responsible for the life and well-being of a pet is a big responsibility, and it’s not easy and can get overwhelming quickly. MyPetsOnTime makes it easier by organizing and tracking important information about all your pets, whether they are dogs, cats, birds, horses, or any other animal, and by connecting pet owners with service providers in the surrounding area, along with reviews and ratings from other pet owners/guardians.
Instant Access to Complete Pet Care Record
If you have ever had to take one of your pets in for an emergency visit, especially to a vet facility that may not be your regular care-giver, and gotten quizzed about your pet’s health care records, you know how stressful that can be, especially if you have multiple pets. Keeping track of vaccinations, meds, exams, and other critical information is challenging. MyPetsOnTime gives you peace of mind, because you know you can access their records immediately any time you need to, on the web, on your smartphone, or on your tablet.
Pet Care Reminders
There are a number of services that your pets receive that need to be repeated on a regular basis: some vaccinations, especially rabies, meds such as heartworm and flea prevention, physical exams, medical tests, and even grooming or behavior training appointments. When you have more than one pet, these services may be at different times, and it is likely that you have more than one provider for these services. While your regular vet may send you reminders for some services, you may not get reminders for some others. That’s where MyPetsOnTime can be really helpful, by sending you reminders by text or email, for all your pets and their services.
Grant Access to Vets, Pet Care Providers, Family Members
At times, it is important to share your pets’ information with others who may provide care for your pets, such as vets, sitters, trainers, and other family members. MyPetsOnTime provides the primary user with the ability to set privileges for others to either view the information, or to update information to the pets’ records.
We all hope we never have to face an emergency with our pets, but sadly, it happens all too often. Perhaps your cat ingests a lily during Easter, or your pet disappears and you need to alert your neighborhood as soon as possible. With MyPetsOnTime, you can immediately share critical information, including photos, age, and medical history, with people who can help.
Transfer Records to New Owner
Many of us who are active in the rescue community, and who foster rescued animals, know that sometimes pets are with us for a limited amount of time. We might have an animal for a few days or a few months. MyPetsOnTime gives the ability to track important information, and to easily pass that information along to their “forever home”.
Find and Connect with Local Pet Care Providers
Let’s say you are new to an area, or for whatever reason you want to make a change in one of your pet service providers. MyPetsOnTime will help you quickly locate professionals in your area who specialize in your breed of cat or dog, and will provide you with the ability to view and write reviews for these professionals.
Personal Access to World-class Pet Care Experts
PetsOnTime is committed to bringing top-notch experts on live conference calls for you to talk with. We’ve had Zoobiquity author Dr. Barbara Natterson-Horowitz speak with us about the astonishing connection between humans and animals, we’ve had the head of the ASPCA’s Poison Control Center speak with us, as well as Board Certified veterinary dentist Dr. Milinda Lommer, and Chairperson of Arizona’s Department of Veterinary Services, Dr. Lorna Lanman, with recordings and transcripts available. This is an amazing opportunity to rub shoulders with giants in the pet care service profession. In addition, our resident Director of Veterinary Services, Dr. Charles A. Cohen, is a renowned vet who has practiced for over 30 years, and is always available for secondary consultations regarding critical health issues for your pets. The knowledge you will gain from listening to these experts can fundamentally change how you care for your pets.
Your Pets Live Longer and Healthier Lives
The effect of having this critical information at your fingertips at all times, including both general knowledge, and specific information about your pets, will enable you to make better decisions about your pets’ care, and as a result, your pets will live happier and healthier lives.
You Save Time, Stress, and Money
The value of having MyPetsOnTime is to save you significant amounts of time and stress, especially when important decisions need to be made, and as a result of your pets leading healthier and happier lives, this will most likely save you money and aggravation as you care for your pets over their lifetimes.
- Complete pet care records and documents. Includes important basic information, such as date of birth, color, weight history, microchip ID, home address, your pets’ vets, supplies on hand and needed service appointments. Plus the ability to import medical documents.
- Unlimited number of pets. Whether you have just one pet, or a number of cats, horses, bunnies, and dogs, MyPetsOnTime tracks critical information for each of them.
- Database of pet breeds and services. MyPetsOnTime comes with pre-populated lists of animal types, breeds, and services, and these lists can be customized by you.
- Track and share key information. Weight, health issues, treatment records, microchip id, license information and many more items can all be tracked in MyPetsOnTime, and shared selectively with your specific pet care helpers.
- Flexible reminders. The account owner gets to choose how they are notified (by text or email) when a service is due, and also how frequently they want to be notified.
- Transfer records to new owner/guardian. If an account owner, for whatever reason, moves their pet to another guardian, the records can be easily and quickly transferred. This is especially useful for rescue organizations, and organizations which do a lot of fostering, as it enables the guardians to quickly understand the history of the animal.
- Administrator Privileges. PetsOnTime enables the account owner to control who has access to their pet care information and how much information they can see and even enter. This is useful to share important information with boarding services, pet sitters, emergency clinics, and veterinarians.
- Operates on web and mobile devices.
- Online storage and backup of your information.
- Social networking. Enables you to rate each service provided, and to find and see ratings of pet care experts in your area.
- Live conference calls. PetsOnTime.com has regular interviews with pet care experts, including veterinarians, trainers, pet sitters, nutritional experts, poison and emergency response vets, and more. Members can participate live, and the calls are recorded and transcribed.
Use of Funds
We have the basic architecture and the great majority of the functionality complete, but need your help to push through to completion and put on the finishing touches.
- Complete coding of Release 1 functionality
- Polishing and streamlining of user interface
- Perform extensive testing
- Develop mobile format for smart phones and tablets
- Alpha – February 1, 2013
- Beta - March 22, 2013
- Version 1.0 – April 6, 2013
- Version 1.1 - June/July 2013
Ways You Can Help
If you've come this far, we know you're just about as excited over MyPetsOnTime as we are. Here's how you can help:
- Make a contribution - anything helps
- Use the share tools to LIKE this campaign on Facebook or TWEET about it on Twitter, or use any other social network you belong to.
- Use the email tool to send a link to this campaign to any pet owners or pet professionals you know. They will thank you for it.
- Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to find out about our progress.
And that’s all there is to it.