Who We Are
Peripheral is the story of Francis, a middle-aged hitman driving through the outback on a routine trip - accompanied by his soon-to-be hit, missing his young daughter Clara and buoyed by his steadfast belief that his sordid profession is a necessary undertaking in order to carry out God’s will for the world. But when his journey takes an unexpected turn, he begins to question his faith.
The team behind Peripheral are a group of passionate student filmmakers from the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane. Peripheral is one of our last projects before we graduate, and we're determined to make it a great one.
However, we need your contribution to make it happen. We're filming just a couple of short weeks from now, and we need your help to raise some much needed funds for our film in order for us to go ahead.
What We Need
Filmmaking on any level costs money, and here's where we need your help. The money we raise through Indiegogo will help us pay for a number of things -
- Specialist crew members - our script requires both an armourer and safety officer to be on set during the shoot.
- Equipment - we get most of our equipment through the university, but there's a few items crucial to our film that we need to source for ourselves.
- Makeup - we need special effects makeup for our shoot, which does not come cheap.
- Costumes and Props - so our film looks great.
- Catering - so our crew won't starve to death in the outback.
- Distribution - making sure someone watches our film!
What You Get
And for helping us out, we have some great rewards on offer! Everything from a special thanks to the filmmakers, to an executive producer credit - any amount will help us reach our goal and make a fantastic film.
Spread the Word
Don't have the cash to help us out? We're university students, we know all about that. You can still help us out by sharing our campaign and liking us on Facebook, where you can keep track of our progress as we take the film through production and beyond.