Our Story and Drive
PC TUDE is a NONPROFIT Organization in Michigan incorpotrated by 3 great friends; K.L. Jones & Ashley Mitchell of Ypsilanti, Michigan and Matthew Walton of Detroit, Michigan. We will provide FREE PC Training to Underprivileged, Disabled, and Elderly Residents.
Our campaign is important as we want members in the community and that care about the community to help fund our project to show that we are not the only ones willing to help.
With your kind donations, PC TUDE will be able to operate 7 days a week and be able to teach computer fundamentals to the demographic of residents that are often times forgotten about. Computer safety, predator and phishing awareness is ultimate in our training. You can make a difference by helping our special needs community learn how to comfortably and safely use a computer in their home. With the classes that we provide, we will make sure that our participants are ready for the ever-so-changing technological world that we face.
Too often, our elderly and disabled residents are taken advantage of due to ignorance of technology. Let’s work together to break that cycle!
What We Need & What You Get
Here is a synopsis of our goals
- Our goal is to reach $500,000.00 in order to lease the location for the first 3 years and to renovate it to accommodate participants with handicaps and wheelchairs. Renovations include but are not limited to: wiring, restrooms, ensuring adequate space to hold up to 20 participants in each of three classes. About 25% of our goal is to purchase up-to-date Microsoft Windows and Apple/iMac computers, computer desks and associated accessories. Advertising is quite expensive and aside from our website, we want to be able to market our program to the community in as many ways as possible, (ie; radio, mass mailing, billboards). The remaining funds will go towards refurbishing participant’s computers and purchasing computers for those participants that demonstrate a financial need.
- We would like to recognize every backer of our program by offering some very exciting perks. We will keep you forever recognized on our company website, ship out our logo T-Shirts which will include your name or company name as a backer, include a clickable banner on our website in our affiliates section, keep you updated with our project progress and give you an engraved leaf on our “Tree of Life” which will be displayed within the entrance of our location for everyone to see.
- If we do not meet our goal by our deadline, we will still move forward. Our team has decided that if we are not able to raise the funds to have three classes, then we will downsize so that we are still able to help the community as we have outlined. Not meeting our goals will not hinder our drive!
The Impact That You Will Make
- Our underprivileged, disabled and elderly community of residents is looking for ways to improve their quality of life and your contribution will allow PC TUDE to give them more to look forward to.
- Our Board of Directors have a combined 26 years of technological experience, a combined 11 years of working with elderly and disabled residents and a combined 30 years of working in the customer service field. With your help we will be able to effectively train our passionate volunteer staff and interns how to train our special needs participants without crossing the lines of demarcation.
- A community of supporters is the key to a growing community. Hands down, we will give back to the community 100% and made a difference. No more of our friends, family and loved ones will end up paying tons of money to companies that abuse the “ignorance factor”. With the proper fundamental training, participants will know how to troubleshoot their computer, who to call if needed, and who to trust when engaged in online activities. We will reach out to as many residents that qualify for this program and lead them to a new life, a new vision, a new appreciation for technology.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you are unable to make a monetary contribution dont let that stop you.
- Spread the word about our awesome project to your colleagues, coworkers, friends and family. Use the Indiegogo share tools to reach out to others.
- Contact us on how you can volunteer to work side-by-side with the participants of the program. You can make a difference by just being a part of this heartfelt experience.
- We accept gently used computers, laptops and tablets for distribution to participants that do not currently own one. All Personal Computers should have a clean installation of Windows or Mac OS or the hard drive should be removed prior to shipping or delivering. Please factory reset all tablets prior to shipping or delivering.
Our Long Term Plans
Of course stopping at one location was never the end result...
- After a successful 3 years in Washtenaw County, MI; we will branch out to surrounding communities and build training centers to enhance technological awareness throughout the state. With hopes, we will have 3-5 locations at the end of 5 successful years! Technology will never stop growing, and neither will we. Every community should have a PC TUDE.
Our vision is much more than just a vision… it’s a must do—a necessity, an honor, a dedication, an obligation to help the very people that we interact with on a day-to-day basis.
Learning begins with an attitude. Learning technology, begins with PC TUDE!