An international Cocoa/Objective-Conference* at the ♥ of Europe...
Objective-Cologne started in 2012 an was greatly welcomed by many. The 2013 Edition was as well acclaimed by many and we are happy to be back for our third edition this September 23rd to 25th.
*So long ObjC, we'll call it SwiftConf, a Cocoa/Swift Conference... This is 2014!
ObjCGN (SwiftConf) puts every year an amazing schedule together which is a mix of well-known speakers as well as first-seen speaker which are given a chance to move into that first category. Both conference days are closed with a panel with interesting discussions about the sessions, coding techniques, religious framework wars and the like.
It's (really!) important to note that although the conference happens in lovely Cologne, Germany, all the sessions, panels, ... will be in English! The only german words you'll need to learn and "ladies" & "gents" (guess why...)!
This years Speakers includes:
- KEYNOTE by Lex Friedman (we couldn't hire Mr T)
- John "Wolf" Rentzsch about Swift — The man behind the legendary C4!
Max Christ (Boinx, Germany) — "AVFoundation Advanced"
Uli Kusterer (Elgato / Germany) — "Why programming sucks, and how to make it better"
Drew McCormack (The Mental Faculty / Austrialian in Amsterdam) — "Selling Open Source"
- Philippe Casgrain (NSNorth/Canada) — "MapKit Overlays"
- Eloy Durán (CocoaPods & RubyMotion / Amsterdam) — "CocoaPods & Philosophy about OSS"
- Halle Winkler, an amazing american developer based in Berlin.
- and more, to be announced...
The Conference Location
We’ve been at the “Old Auction House” since 2012 and we love the place!
The only problem with this location is we can only fit 130 people at the maximum. Should we be lucky enough to have that amazing number of people sign up, we’ll be sure to find a location at least as awesome in Cologne — I bet we can even do better with that amount of support!
The Conference Dinner
- Thomas Porschen is a an amazing Cook from Cologne.
- He and his team has been preparing amazing food for us since 2012.
- Love meat? Vegetarian? Anything else? We’ll have something for everyone — just tell you what you don’t east/dislike/prefer and we’ll get it sorted out.
What do you get?
• Conference Ticket for September 23rd & 24th at the "Alte Versteigerungshalle" (“Old Auction House”)
• Lunch & “All you can (soft) Drink” during the conference
• The Conference Dinner on September 23rd, starting around 7PM: Amazing 5 Star Food + All you can drink, includes Beer & Wine!!!
• Invitation to the Coding Day on September 25th at StartPlatz
Want a bit more?
• The “Pre Conference Dinner” happening on September 22nd will be organized without a ticket. Some people show up the day before, so it's easier if everyone pays for itself. We'll give a location though, and meet there.
• The “Post Conference Dinner” (and "Pre Coding/Hack Day") works the same way, on September 24th. I can't promise anything yet, but if we reach a good amount of success, I'll try to make this included in the price. By any means, we'll try to make it similar to the Conf Dinner but at another location.