A comedy about love and acceptance, Misery Loves Company tells the story of a misanthropic twenty-something who reexamines her life after being dragged to speed dating by her well-meaning but oblivious friends.
Who are we?
Hello Internet. We're Nick & Cooper. And we need your help. We're juniors at the University of Arizona and this is our junior film. But it's more than that. This is our baby. We love this story, we love our characters, we love this film and we hope you will too. There's only one problem. Movies are expensive and we're two college students. So please, lend us a hand, because we think our cast & crew deserve better than 32-pack of Ramen. And a happy cast & crew means a great movie. And a great movie means a happy you.
Making a movie is tough. Friendship is toughter. Help us, help Cori & Neil take Nicole to speed dating. What we need:
- Equipment. We've got to make them look pretty. Help us get the necessary gear.
- Location Rental. Speed dating has to take place somewhere! Help us afford to pay the restaurant to use their space.
- Production Design. Nametags, Napkins, Set Decor Galore!
- Craft Services. A hungry actor is scary. You know what's scarier? Hungry speed daters. Help us feed our cast & crew.
- Festival Submissions. Because the next step after forcing someone to go to speed dating? Showing the results to everyone we possibly can.
- Perk Fulfillment. A small portion will go back into getting everyone their awesome rewards. It's like paying yourself!
Not all of us can afford to help. We get that. But there's other ways you can help. And that Internet, is by sharing our campaign with your friends, family, co-workers, and your own personal Nicoles.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiseryLovesCompanyFilm