The MeterPlug campaign is finished! Now accepting pre-orders at http://www.sticknfind.com/product/meterplug
Do you want to lower your electric bill?
MeterPlug will tell you how much ACTUAL MONEY an appliance is costing you when you run it, and when it's off (Standby).
MeterPlug WILL HELP YOU LOWER YOUR ELECTRIC BILL!
A Simple, Small Device
MeterPlug plugs in between any appliance and the AC outlet. It measures your consumption and sends that information over Bluetooth to your smart phone, where the app displays your real costs.
MeterPlug can turn on or off any appliance connected to it.
Depending on your state and country of residence, the app displays your REAL electricity costs. It can even calculate costs of electricity for different times of day.
Vampire Power Shield
The MeterPlug App allows you to program an automatic "Turn Off" function to an appliance that is using power on standby, when it detects that the appliance is consuming power while sleeping (what we call Vampire power).
You can program it to turn Off when you walk away and turn back On when you return.
You can manually turn On or Off any appliance connected to MeterPlug within a 100 Foot range.
Save Money Today!
By using MeterPlug, you can identify the appliances that cost more to run than others and calculate when to run your appliances and for how long. Get a better understanding of what appliance is causing your electric bill to be so high, and where you can save.
Vampire power Shield and Proximity control features will help you greatly lower your bill.
What is Vampire Power?
Your appliances may be acting like vampires -sucking up and consuming energy even when the power is switched off, this is what we call Vampire Power.
If you leave your Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 on, it continues to consume roughly 170 watts of power 24/7, If you run the math, that's about $220 per year!
While testing MeterPlug, we found out that our 50" Sony LED TV consumes $18.25 pear year on Standby. See the Video on the Galery tab above...
- Common appliances that use power while on Standby: TVs, Game consoles, Microwave ovens, Printers, Routers, HiFi Receivers, Cable box, Chargers, DVD player etc...
Does your TV waste money on standby? Make it automatically turn off when you are not home with MeterPlug!
Setup an Alert or auto-off, when a specific device's running cost goes over a pre-selected amount.
Decide that you would like to use the heater for only $1.5 per day. Your phone will alert you when you have reached that cost, and MeterPlug will automatically turn off the heater.
The app downloads the actual costs of Electricity based on survey and average databases of the following Places: USA: Average cost per state updated regularly. European Union countries: Average cost per country updated regularly (Brazil, Russia, South Africa, Thailand etc.).
We are adding more automatic databases for countries now. You can always enter your local cost per KW/h manually in the settings menu.
- North American Plug: Used in USA, Canada, most of Central and South America, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines and Saudi Arabia.
- European Plug: Most European Countries including eastern Europe, Chile, Indonesia, South Korea, Turkey, Uruguay.
- British Plug: United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Hong Kong, Cyprus ,Malaysia and Singapore.
One or Many…
You can have 1 MeterPlug and move it around your house or have many units running at the same time. You can connect to different appliances simultaneously in your house or work and get all that information live on your Smart phone.
AUTO OFF WHEN NOT IN USE!
Range & Capabilities
- Size: 1.45" X 1.45" x 1.14" (37mm X 37 mm X 29mm)
- Voltage: 100V to 250V AC 50/60Hz
- Max Current: 16 Amps
- Communication: Bluetooth 4.0
You can connect a Power Strip to the MeterPlug!
It will measure all devices connected to it, and can even turn them Off or On.
How does the app know the cost of my home’s Electricity?
- The app downloads the average cost of household Electricity cost of all USA States and European countries, updated every month. If you need more accurate numbers, you can always enter your electricity costs manually, in the app’s settings. You can even select different costs for different times of the day.
Can a MeterPlug be paired to multple phones or tablets?
- Yes, you can connect multiple phones and tablets to a Meterplug. Any device paired to a Meterplug can see consumption, and control it to turn On or Off.
Will MeterPlug work in 110V or 220V?
- Each MeterPlug is designed to work universally from 100V to 240V AC. You could take a USA version, and use it in China, Europe, or Australia, with a simple local adapter.
- Remember that MeterPlug doesn’t convert Electricity. So if you use a USA version, and your country is 220V, don’t plug in 110V appliances.
What is the maximum Current MeterPlug can measure and handle?
- MeterPlug can measure and handle up to 16A, from 100V to 240V AC.
Are you planning on making plus for Australia, China and Israel?
At this moment we are concentrating on:
- North American plug: NEMA 5-15 (15 A/125 V grounded)
- European Plug: CEE 7/7 plug
- British plug: BS1363
- China Plug
What if I use an appliance that has no ground pin (2-pin plug)?
- MeterPlug doesn’t require a ground pin to measure your consumption. You can even plug in a shaver, and it will still work!
Does MeterPlug have Surge-protection?
- No, MeterPlug has no Surge Protection. If you live in an area with increased lighting strikes, it is recommended to plug MeterPlug after a socket or power strip with surge protection.
What is the power consumption of MeterPlug?
- 0.1Watts. That's about 1 Cent cost per year!
How does MeterPlug communicate with my Smartphone?
- MeterPlug communicates via Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0)
What Smartphones does the MeterPlug work with?
- MeterPlug works iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, the New iPad, iPad mini, and the New iPod touch. It also works on Android devices supporting Bluetooth 4.0, running Android 4.0 and newer. We have tested it on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2, and it works great on both devices! (Since the support for Bluetooth 4.0 on the Samsung S3 is bad, we wrote the Bluetooth drivers on our own)
Can more than one phone control a MeterPlug?
- Any Phone/Tablet paired with a MeterPlug, can communicate with it, get consumption readings, and turn it on or off.
How many MeterPlugs can be paired to my phone at the same time?
- In theory, you can add and pair as many MeterPlugs to your phone as you like. We recommend not pairing more than 100, as it might slow down the phone's database.
- Only one MeterPlug at a time can be accessed from your phone. When you want to use another MeterPlug, just swipe with your fingers on the app and select another MeterPlug.
Do I need a separate adapter on my phone or special case?
- No, you don't need any adapter or special case. MeterPlug will communicate directly with your Smartphone via Bluetooth 4.0.
What is the range of MeterPlug?
- Approximately 100 feet or about 30 Meters.
How does "Vampire Shield" work?
- When Activated, MeterPlug learns the regular consumption of your appliance. When the consumption goes down but remains "On" for more than a set time, MeterPlug will know this is vampire power, and cut off the power. When your phone is in range, it will turn the power back on. This will greatly help you lower your bill!
- There is a manual On/Off button on the side of MeterPlug, in case you're not home, and there is no device at home with Bluetooth 4.0 to turn it back on.
Can your phone turn the power On or Off while you are not home?
- Your paired phone must be within the 100 feet range of the MeterPlug to turn the power On/Off.
What if someone at home wants to turn on the MeterPlug, and there is no compatible phone or tablet to turn it on?
- MeterPlug comes with a small side button. Once pressed, it will override and turn on the appliance.
We currently have fully-working pre-production units.
Our hardware and software is finalized; our app development is in beta phase now.
We have identified all of the components to be used in mass production and built the latest samples using those components. We have started a pilot production of 100 units.
- Pre-production run of 100 samples will completed with T2 off-tooled by mid December.
- App Development: App Development will enter final beta phase in December for iOS.
- Android app is completed. Start Alpha phase testing in December.
- Product testing: We will start in middle of December an extensive 30 day product testing using beta testers. Product will be tested in USA (New York and Florida), Germany, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Japan and China.
- Packaging: Retail Packaging will be finalized.
- CES! We will be exhibiting the MeterPlug at CES in Las Vegas! Checkout real working units, and maybe win one!
- Early January Product will be submitted for FCC, CE, UL and TUV certifications.This can take about 6 weeks for completion.
- App submission to Apple Store for approval.
- Android app enters Beta phase.
- Setup QC and assembly line in China.
- Final adjustment to Electric board, pending Certification results.
- Certification completed for MeterPlug.
- Start Mass production
- Mass Production, Quality Control
- Prepare for Distribution
- Distribution! - Backers get their MeterPlugs.
We have been designing, and managing the production of various products for many large companies for the last 12 years. We specialize in very small Bluetooth designs. Many Bluetooth solutions and Bluetooth gadgets sold for cars by large and very known companies in USA are our designs. We also have designed various Health and fitness Bluetooth products currently being sold in retail outlets worldwide. We also have designed and brought to production home environment sensors with Wifi that plug into AC outlets. We have great contacts with many factories in China, and have years of experience getting FCC, CE, Wifi, BT, etc Certifications.
We have a great team of embedded hardware engineers, RF engineers, embedded software engineers, and mechanical engineers.
Use of Funds
We've built our prototypes. We’ve figured out our supply chain. We need your help to take the next step. We’re looking for funds to put MeterPlug into production. We know what we’re doing; we've led the development and manufacturing of more than 2 dozen hardware products for many large companies, so we know exactly what's required to pull this off. You are getting in early and receiving a premium product ahead of everyone else.
We’re asking you to help us make MeterPlug a reality.