Mark Morris' L'Allegro, il Penseroso ed il Moderato has thrilled audiences around the world since its premiere in 1988. Over the years, we have received countless requests to make this work available on DVD.
With your support, we can finally film this important work.
WNET's Great Performances and Bel Air Media together with the Mark Morris Dance Group and Teatro Real will film the work live in performance with the Teatro Real Orchestra and Chorus conducted by Jane Glover.
But first, we need new costumes. Worn beyond repair, the silk costumes must be rebuilt to meet the standards for high-definition filming.
We must raise $80,000 to cover these costs:
(view the infographic in the Gallery)
- 272 yards of silk chiffon for 52 costumes (double-layered dresses, shirts)
- 78 yards of lycra for 26 leggings
- Skilled small batch dye processing to match the 18 original colors
- 26 leotards and seamless undergarments
- Professional costume shop reconstruction of the original patterns
- Labor to build the new costumes
You can help us reach this goal:
- Support this project with a gift in any amount.
- Share the project on Facebook, Twitter, and other networks.
Capture one of the world's greatest artistic works on film
- Create a document of the 25th anniversary performance of this work.
- Bring the joy of l'Allegro to an even broader global audience.
- Ensure that
l'Allegro can be enjoyed by future generations, including young students in our Dance, Music, and Literacy education programs.
NOTE FOR DONORS: Once you contribute you will receive an email receipt from FirstGiving.Com confirming your gift to "Discalced, Inc." FirstGiving is the official processing agency for IndieGoGo. Discalced, Inc. is the legal name of the Mark Morris Dance Group. You will receive an official donation acknowledgement from the Mark Morris Dance Group (Discalced, Inc.) by regular mail once the campaign has closed.
The Limited Edition Poster from the Teatro Real: