What We Need & What You Get
- Women and men in Duchity are ready to learn to read and write. They are eager new learners and we need your help.
- The budget for three months of this literacy program is $35,200 CAD. This supports teachers of 54 literacy centres with approximately 25 students per centre, plus all the required materials.
- Haiti’s potential is untapped and often unrealized. We are strong advocates of investing in, and promoting the productivity of women and men who desire to provide for themselves and their families. All funds contributed will support continuing adult literacy programming in Duchity.
- Illiteracy is one of the greatest obstacles of the poor. Without this essential tool, a person remains marginalized and frustrated, with little or no sense of their personal value.
- A newly literate adult describes this experience like being unleashed from blindness or becoming human where they once felt like an animal with a “noose around their neck.” Literacy is the foundation of empowerment and the essential cornerstone to the true rebuilding of Haiti.
- Your contribution to this campaign directly impacts the lives of 1,370 women and men.
- The women and men of Haiti know the realities of life in their country. They hold the key to their present and their future. As a contributor to this campaign, you have become a true partner, walking beside them.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Share this campaign with your friends, family, neighbours, and co-workers on your social media network.
- Comment on our facebook page or tweet your support @FIDApch #FIDApcHliteracy4life!
- Visit our website (www.fida-pch.org) and learn about how we make a difference in the world!
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
- The Foundation for International Development Assistance (FIDA) and its working arm in Haiti, productive cooperatives Haiti(pcH) is a fully registered Canadian charitable organization (BN 13365 2768 RR0001) that has been actively promoting the agricultural cooperative business model in Haiti since 1984.
- We (FIDA/pcH) believe in the inherent right for every person to own self-respect and to know self-worth. We believe that dignity is achieved through a cultivated ability to provide for ourselves, our family, and our fellow man.
- This campaign will support three months of literacy training for 1,370 women and men who are active members of a productive agricultural cooperative.
All Gifts have been generously donated to this campaign by Kado Atizana!
Disclaimer: Currently mailing of perks is only available to North American locations due to cost of postage for overseas shipping.
Double Green Tote Bag
Hand-Rolled Bead Bracelet
Hand-Rolled Bead Necklace
6 “ Metal-Work Tree of Life