Linky is a Foldable Electric Longboard that gives you freedom in your bag.
This patented system is sturdy, easy to use, and most of all it’s fun! Get where you want to go in style, on time… then fold up Linky and tuck it away into a bag.
Choose from two styles:
BAMBOO STYLE / The classic bamboo Linky with red details and clear grip tape
CARBON LOOK / Limited Edition All-Black version with Red Wheels
Watch our "quick features video":
Everyone will notice you as you move around campus, but it's discreet in the classroom. Extra bonus: Fits in tiny closets and school lockers :)
Make getting to work something you look forward to! Plus Linky is compact, so it respects train and bus regulations for transported objects.
Discover new places in total liberty! Linky is portable, compact and air-travel safe* #nolimits
Linky is easy to learn for anyone (even kids!) and even more fun with friends.
Linky’s innovative technical features stem from our needs as travelers: light, fast charging, transportable by air, a vintage-modern design and practical but beautiful bags. Using our engineering and technical training, we applied AGILE product development methodology to numerous prototype iterations, testing each phase and implementing features over the past two years.
• FOLDING / The patented folding mechanism makes it fast and easy to extend and compress Linky. We’ve worked particularly hard on this system, ensuring its resistance and functionality.
• LIGHT / Weighing in at 5.5 kilos (12.1 pounds) it’s amongst the lightest of the electric longboard market. The structure is made of high strength polymers from the automotive industry instead of heavier metal parts, while the deck has a carbon fiber bottom and real bamboo top.
• PORTABLE AND FUN / To maximize the riding experience yet keep Linky light, we’ve carefully studied the board’s materials: rigid enough to give Linky sporty cornering abilities during high speed cruising but flexible enough for wide curves. We also chose our wheel size based on research that has shown large 83mm wheels to be ideal for comfortable longboard riding on difficult surfaces.
• AIR SAFE / Safety & Air transport: our power system has a BMS (Battery Management Solution) that regulates the battery pack charge and discharge, which ensures both good battery life and total safety. We have calibrated the battery to correspond to the current IATA regulation regarding the transportation of lithium batteries on airplanes. The battery may also be removed for transportation thanks to the modular structure of the battery compartment; we will provide tools and instructions for this.
• FAST CHARGE / Its innovative electrics and long life lithium battery come from our experience as automotive industry engineers. Linky charges to 85% of capacity in just 30 minutes and has a range of 18 km (11 miles) using the FAST CHARGER (available as an add-on).
• POWERFUL / The motor is a brushless permanent magnet that can go up 10% hills carrying a 100kg load. It reaches a top speed of 30 km/h (18.6 mph). The motor is protected by a cover to ensure safety. It’s optimized to be the best compromise between portability, weight and speed.
• WATERPROOF / Linky is waterproof. We added this feature to the latest prototype based on your feedback - thanks!
• REMOTE / A Linky is operated with a remote control that allows you to gradually increase your speed, to brake, and to set riding mode. The remote also has a battery indicator and connects by bluetooth to the board. The remote's lithium battery can be charged with a USB cable, either to a plug or using the board's built in USB port.
• REGENERATIVE BRAKING / Linky's battery recharges when you brake... so yay for going downhill (slowly)!
• USB PORT / A USB port allows you to use the board to charge your cell phone.
• HEADLIGHT / A front LED headlight will help guide you at night.
• APP / We've developed an IOS app that will read, store and allow you to share data from the board, as well as to set riding modes.
Linky comes with one of three custom designed backpacks or travel bags entirely designed and made in Italy. Our bags are manufactured by hand by an artisan in Monte San Giusto, Italy, who produces accessories for numerous luxury brands.
The “Daily Traveler” is a backpack in lined technical material, designed to hold the Linky as well as a 15-inch laptop (in the padded front pocket so it doesn’t get squished) and your other essentials. Choose from the "original" beige version or the sleeker black version.
The “Minimal” knapsack holds Linky and its remote control, your wallet and phone, and comes in a sturdy but sexy design combining jeans and eco-suede.
The “Voyage” bag is a carry-on-regulation-sized tote in lined jeans and eco-suede with a bottom compartment for Linky, a side pocket for your travel documents, and the top part for your clothes. When not holding Linky, the lower compartment can be used for shoes, books or anything you want.
Want a bag, fast charger, spare wheels, or any other "add ons" for your new Linky?
Here's how: You may choose more than one reward on Indiegogo. After you've pledged for a board, you can make a second pledge for any other perk (including a second board to a different shipping address!).
Linky ships with a standard charger, remote control with USB cable, and the beige backpack.
We've built our prototypes as a bootstrap start-up. After two years, our 5th generation prototype (which you see in the photos and videos) has been tested in all sorts of conditions for hundreds of hours, on roads and in the lab. We’ve integrated your feedback about features, and optimized our supply chain and processes.
It's time to go into production, but we need your help to take this last step. Pre-orders here on Indiegogo are necessary to generate the capital we need to cover initial investments like buying components and making the custom moulds for Linky's structure.
The idea behind Linky comes out of our actual experience as travelers. While Paolo was spending two months backpacking around Scotland, the idea and first prototype formed out of his intuition that the world needs a practical green mobility solution for travelers, that gets out of the way when you aren’t using it. Fabio joined the team after severe tendinitis struck him because he walked way too much in Istanbul, and Cristiano missed the last subway in Budapest and wished he had a better way to get home.
The whole Linky team has been working on this product for the past few years because it’s something we really want for ourselves (call us selfish!). It’s the key to our ideal travel experience, where we don’t need much more than the clothes on our backs and the freedom to go where we want, when we want.
Paolo Pipponzi The creative – Where there’s something to ride, with 2 or 4 wheels, Paolo is on it! After graduation in Vehicle Engineering, he followed his passion by becoming part of the Ducati Engineering Team where he gained strong experience in product development. He is the creative mind of Linky’s team.
Giovanni Laserra (CTIO) – The innovator – Passionate about everything electronic, he gets excited about putting the most cutting edge technologies into Linky. As an electronic engineer with extensive experience in power electronics and electric vehicles, he is in charge of the powertrain system of Linky, from battery pack to motor. Safety is his priority, quality is his goal.
Cristiano Nardi (CSO) – The Traveller – With his masters in international business management he will take care of sales and customer care.
Fabio De Minicis – The perfectionist – As a rock climber, he’s particularly attentive to body movement. Merging his professional experience as an electrical and mechanical technician with his natural attention to detail and his passion for physical activity, he supports the team in every way.
The core Linky team is assisted by local suppliers for parts and manufacturing as well as marketing and communications.
Can anyone ride Linky?
To answer the question "How easy it is to ride Linky?" we held an event with some beginners. Here's the video.
How much weight can Linky carry?
Are you sure that the folding system is sturdy?
How flexible is Linky?
Will it fold while I am riding it?
Is it easy to open and close?
Does it ride/push just like a normal longboard?
Why does Linky use front traction?
Why does Linky not have a kicktail/handle/off-road wheels?
Is Linky Waterproof?
What is the difference between the regular charger and the fast charger?
What is a universal charging system?
Can I change the battery?
Is there a warrantee? Instruction book?
What safety recommendations do you have for me?
*Please note: baggage safety is the responsibility of each airline. At the moment, we recommend checking Linky as baggage, rather than bringing it as a carry-on.
**Disclaimer: the features and specs indicated in this campaign are true of the prototypes and at date of publication. Final specs and design elements may vary slightly.