Contributors fund ideas they can be passionate about and to people they trust. Here are some things to do in this section:
- My name's Rob Louis and I'm a 26 year old comedian/actor/and writer based out of Philadelphia, Pa. For as long as I can remember, I've loved writing and performing. I've always felt a desire to reflect life through my comedy and my writing in the most honest (yet humorous) ways possible.
- I've been a die hard fan of Kevin Smith (creator of Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and many other great ViewAskew films) since I was a kid. My movie was inspired by Clerks and the pure way in which the film portrayed a day in the life of a "regular" person doing "regular things." My movie is important to me, because it's about a state/or a frame of mind if you will. It almost entirely encompasses the mindset of the typical 20 something year old man who's simply jaded in life and wants more. It's a movie about friendship, struggles (internally and externally), and relationships. This movie is a comedy, so don't mistake my sappy description for a long and drawn out piece about "following ones dreams" and "being rebellious and young." This movie's not about that, it's about my story, my experiences, and my relationships I've had. I feel my story is probably relate-able to many people (male/female, young/and old). That's why this story means a lot to me.
What people need to realize before donating anything to this project, is that I'm not someone who goes into something like this half heartedly. This movie WILL get made (even if that means me recording the whole thing on a smart phone with horrible video and audio, I will complete this film). By donating however and helping me to make this movie, you'll be allowing me to focus on making the best film possible, buy some good equiptment to create the movie, and submit the film to festivals throughout the country (and a few internationally).
What We Need & What You Get
Break it down for folks in more detail:
- I need 18,000 in order to fund this project properly. The basics (camera and sound equipment, renting out some spaces for shots, production and post productions costs, feeding the actors and crew, transportation for the equiptment (renting trucks), submission costs for the festivals, and making enough dvd's-shirts-posters-and giveaways for promotion locally and elsewhere to gain hype.
- Some pretty cool things are being offered. Credit in the film (a special and customized thank you for a small donation), DVD Copies, Cast Signed photos and posters, movie props, featured roles, writing a full line in the movie to be used in one of the final scenes, and more!
- Like with anything of course, there's an inherant risk involved with these things. If we make 5 thousand, or 10 thousand, or 15 thousand...this movie will be made. I'll cut corners, cust costs, and do my best to streamline production as much as possible (I'll even work overtime if needed to make the difference myself). I will use every cent donated and put the best product I can out there regardless.
- The Impact
- Look, I'm a regular guy with some extraordinary dreams. I wish I had a daddy with connections, or a ton of money I could spend but I don't. This movie is a dream of mine, it's also about dreams (being young, feeling lost at times, and digging your way out of a rut). I am hoping to make people laugh, but also inspire people through my film. I want it to mean something since this story just means so much to me as well.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn't mean they can’t help:
- Even if you can't donate, but you'd like to help, we're looking for donations of services even (camera equipment, video editors, producers, soundtrack experts, etc).
- Please utilize the Indiegogo share tools to help us out! Every little bit helps :)