FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!!!!!!!
Leisure Activist Group clothing is going next level!
We are an exciting new caused based brand, producing quality lifestyle clothing.
Utilizing various waste material for our raw product, specializing in recycled PET bottles (rPET).
That means for every piece of clothing you buy, we have less plastic waste polluting our oceans.
We are Certified Legit!
Since we are striving for global recognition, all perks come with FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING, if our project goal is met.
(active top and yoga pants)
Where does the fabric comes from!
Through our work with Upcycle the Gyres Society (http://www.upgyres.org/) we hope to close loop the supply of all our clothing with waste management systems WE implement on our next voyage. Which means you are supporting the ONLY clothing company who takes the steps to PERSONALLY directs waste plastic to revenue
(Mens pants and jacket)
With your help, we can bring this label world wide and prove that the we are in an age of conscious consumers who want to know what they are buying.
Why Sell Clothing?
After three years of attempting to generate sponsors and running the largest fundraising crossing ever attempted with Kite-surfing and Stand Up Paddling (Tonga to Australia) we have decided to take the necessary steps to become financially independent and be in the position to achieve our goals with The Ocean Ambassadors program.
Here's a little story of what we were up to for 2012
Other media links:
Why Go Indiegogo?
This campaign is to fulfill minimum order requirements to launch our clothing.
- To complete a basic production run of our selection we need this project goal to be met. Without full minimum orders we cannot take our line to the masses.
- Our perks are produced only from certified and traceable waste material. As we feel when selling an "Eco Product," you better know what you're talking about.
- If we reach our goal. Our products can start to be recognized as a leader in quality as a caused based brand where proceeds go straight into our flagships operation of The Ocean Ambassadors. (http://theoceanambassadors.com/)
History and the Name:
Leisure Activist Group originated as an educational charter company and offering their top instructors as private guides for visiting Super-yachts in the South Pacific
Our charters focused on IYT and PADI accredited courses, team-building, leadership and enjoying nature.
The specialized guiding service was for clients who wanted to get the most out of their stay in the Pacific Ocean and would engage us as a private coach for Surfing, Kiteboarding, Scuba Diving and for having a great deal of local knowledge and contacts.
The name came from us being "Activists of Leisure."
After years of working amongst the different island nations, we found there was a massive need for local education on waste management and renewable energy sources.
Slowly but surely we closed down charters and guiding, and are now 100 % focused on our environmental work.
Now using our clothing as a conduit to generate our essential operating costs. But, since we liked the name, it stuck.
You are now involved in the biggest clean Up, EVER!
Your contribution to this campaign has the potential to have a direct impact on the largest problem our oceans face. The subject on everyone's mind at the moment is waste plastic in the water. Though everyone is talking about it, not many seem to have a solution.
If we are able to operate our next voyage for The Ocean Ambassadors program, we get to implement waste management systems in each island nation we visit. In the hope to close loop our complete supply of plastic for our clothing material! This means we get to curb the problem before it starts.
We don't stop there, our founder is the "Pacific Ocean Marine Logistics Coordinator and Proof of Concept Captain" for Upcycle the Gyres Society. So as new technologies emerge that could be capable of cleaning the garbage patches throughout our oceans, we will be involved in making sure it does not do more harm than good.
One of the only group of people SET on fixing this problem.
Other Ways You Can Help
- If you like what we are doing, HELP US. We would greatly appreciate everyone's help in spreading the word. Start by liking us on Facebook, Share our posts as much as possible and TELL everyone you know about what is happening, and be sure to utilize all Indiegogo share tools!
- If you know anyone who has a retail shop who may be interested in carrying these products. Kindly direct them to our retail outlet perk options.
- Contact media avenues, radio, news, magazines, bloggers, breakfast television etc and let them know what is happening.
- If you truly appreciate what we are doing, feel free to sponsor a mile of the ocean ambassadors voyage for $10 and ensure we can cover costs. http://theoceanambassadors.com/sponsor-a-mile/
and thank you everyone for taking the time to see what we are up to.