6 climbers from different backgrounds, different challenges, and different experiences are coming together in January of 2014 for one shared goal: to climb to the summit of Mt. Kilimajaro.
- 6 Climbers
- 4 Legs
- 1 Summit (19,341 feet).
This all disabled ascent of Mt Kilimanjaro is a dream of lead guide Matt Walker and disabled athlete Ronnie Dickson. Together, after supporting disabled athletes learn to rock climb, they shared a vision of supporting an all disabled athlete team to the summit of the tallest mountain in Africa.
The Inner Passage Foundation is a non-profit 501c3 organization. Your funding is tax deductible and you will receive a tax statement from the foundation for your records.
This is a substantial undertaking and we need your support every step of the way.
What We Need & What You Get
In plain terms, We need $60,000. This covers all of the expenses, logistics, equipment, and airtravel for all of the participants.
We need your support to make this trip a reality for the athletes and their families. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the athletes to not only go on this expedition, but to join a team of all disabled athletes to climb to the summit.
We are offering a variety of perks for all levels of support:
- Personal dedication prayer flags on the summit of Kilimajaro
- Team jackets and gear
- Expedition photo album
- Post-expedition presentations by team members
- 2 spaces for supporters to join expedition as fellow team members
- and more...
- Ronnie Dickson - above the knee amputee, left leg
- Rajesh Durbal - double below the knee
- Maggi Pivovar- double below the knee
- Nate Winters - left amputee above knee
- Hanna Obrien - congenital amputee, left leg
- Jake Bainter- right amputee above knee
This expedition reaches beyond the lives of the team members, it reaches far into the community they live in and yours:
- Your support creates an amazing once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Educates and inspires fellow disabled athletes of what is possible
- Tears down preconceived notions of what life is like with a "disability"
Matt Walker and Inner Passage have run international mountain climbing expeditions for the past 20 years. As a professional rock climber, Ronnie Dickson is spearheading the field of a disabled adventure sports. Together their goal is to support the success of six disabled athletes to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro in January 2014 - they need your support to make this a reality!