Judicator is a US Power Metal band split between Tucson, AZ and SLC, Utah. We put out our first album 'King of Rome' in 2012, and our second album 'Sleepy Plessow' in 2013. Both albums generated a bit of buzz in the underground power metal scene, and distributed over 1000 digital copies each, and a fair amount of physical copies as well. In 2014, we are showing no signs of slowing down. For the first time, we have a full band lineup and are no longer a simple recording project. Our third album 'At the Expense of Humanity' is our biggest production to date and we need your help to make it happen! This album will also be followed up by our first live performance ever at the Deland Rock and Metal Festival. It shows a drastic change in style and a drastic change in the very nature of the band--things our fans have been asking for since day 1. With your help, we can achieve this power metal metamorphosis.
'At the Expense of Humanity' is a power metal album unlike our previous two. Gone are the themes of history, and the thundering speed metal. In its place are more intricate vocal and musical arrangements than previously offered, and a much heavier focus on melodic complexity. This is executed through the use of bombastic keyboard arrangements on top of moving, progressive song structures. We have also include our first songs to deal with complex time signature arrangements. The story itself is a devastating story of loss, existential anguish, and the breaking of family bonds. Singer John Yelland tells the autobiographical tale of a young boy who loses his brother to cancer. His family is anything but helpful to him in this time of loss and offer him cliches instead of answers. This begins his journey into the terrifying nature of the universe, and his small place within it. We know how the story turns out, but the tale woven is both riveting and eye opening. How do you see yourself in the great unknown? How does one properly deal with death? How does one cope? Is there an answer beyond the stars? Or are we just wraiths floating endless through space? How long can you live forever?
'At the Expense of Humanity' will be released September 5th, 2014. The tracklisting is as follows:
1. A Picture of Fading Light
2. God’s Failures
3. Cannibalistic Mind
4. Coping Mechanism
5. My Fantasy Destroyed
6. Lucid Nightmare
7. The Rain in the Meadow
10. Life Support
11. At the Expense of Humanity
12. How Long Can You Live Forever?
14. At the Gallows End (Candlemass Cover) — Physical Release Bonus Track
John Yelland – Vocals
Tony Cordisco – Rhythm/Lead Guitars, Backing Vocals
Joshua Payne – Lead Guitar
Jordan Elcess – Bass Guitar
Chris Kelly – Drums
Tyler Sherrill - Keyboards
What We Need & What You Get:
We are well into the recording process of this album, but there are a few things extra we need help with!
1. Producing the album. This album features more complex vocal, keyboard and guitar arrangements than we have ever used previously, and will require a pro-level Mix/Master. We must raise the money to pay for this. It will be the difference between a home-quality product, and a full, bombastic final product. We are hoping to have Carlos Alvarez (Shadowdance, Noble Beast, etc) of Dirty Viking Audio mix the album, and Brett Caldas-Lima (Ayreon, Noble Beast, Shadowdance, etc) of Tower Records master the album. The campaign will not cover all the cost for us, so it is very important for it to succeed because we will still be pouring our own money into this.
2. Printing the album. We firmly believe in having the physical product available for the die-hard record collector fans, and making sure that product is as pristine as possible. The success of this campaign will allow us to reward contributors with physical copies of the album, and also make available the physical product to the general public.
What will you get from this?
1. A fully realized Judicator band, with an album that pushes our sound to new compositional heights, and relies on the strength of 6 diverse band members, with real drums and keys for the first time in the band's history. And without having to expend your humanity to achieve it.
2. An opportunity to receive a wide range of Judicator merch including all three of our physical full length albums, posters, guitar picks, and possibly T-shirts. The posters, picks, stickers, and first two albums are EXCLUSIVE to this kickstarter and will NOT be available anywhere else now or in the future!
3. Access to exclusive preview content. Want to be in on the machinations of Judicator before everyone else? Contributing to this campaign will let you get material well ahead of everyone else... and even some exclusive looks here or there!
4. All contributions of $50 will put your name in a raffle to win a SIGNED ELECTRIC GUITAR. Donations after $50 will put your name in an additional time for every subsequent $25--no limit! The raffle will be held at the conclusion of the campaign. You do NOT need to select a $50 perk to contribute $50 and be entered in the raffle.
As a courtesy, please add $10 USD for international pledges.
IMPORTANT NOTE -- Delivery dates are subject to change based on production time of the album. Those are estimates, not guarantees! We will try to have everything done ASAP, but real life does happen and the release date may have to be pushed back.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTE -- IF you would like your album(s) signed, please specify! We do not all live in the same state, so having the whole band sign an album costs extra. We did not include it as a default option for that reason. However, if this is something you want, please let us know so we can make that happen.
The success of this campaign will turn Judicator from a long distance recording project with decent home recording quality and a modest online fanbase, into a competitive, fully realized band, that will leave the realms of the internet and join their contemporaries on stage for the first time. This is the next step in our evolution as a US Power Metal band, and as it is our third album, it is really our creative 'make or break' point. We are prepared to put the work in to make the band fully realized and contribute to the growing new wave of Power Metal in the US for years to come. We would not have made it this far without the support of our fans, and now we are asking for one last push to the next level!
Other Ways You Can Help:
Sometimes, it just isn't possible to contribute financially, and we understand that perhaps like no other. However, that doesn't mean you still can't contribute. Share this campaign around! Show your friend a Judicator album--our first two are free on our bandcamp! Spread the word about the new album. Help us reach as many ears and eyes as possible!