We are JHU Kranti, and we LOVE music!
None of us knew each other before going to college, but we all came together to share in that love of music. We work every week we're on campus, constantly creating new songs, mixes, and medleys, and performing those in various venues simply for the entertainment of our wonderful audiences and even more wonderful fans! When recording our first song, we thought: why stop at one? Thus, our quest to set out and record an entire album began! By contributing to our goal, not only will you help us in achieving this quest, but you'll also give to yourself, and to the rest of the world, a new musical experience that they will love. Trust us, the world will thank you.*
*This thank you from the world is most likely implicit and unsaid. However, if you meet any of our members, be sure to let us know you contributed and you'd get a very explicit and un-unsaid pat on the back.
I'll tell you what we want, what we really really want!
Producing an album is expensive, and the cost stands beyond the kind of funding we currently receive. So we're reaching out to you all!
- All the money gained from this campaign goes directly to funding our album- recording, mixing, and editing fees galore!
- Feel free to donate as much as you can. Every penny helps!
- Just by donating at any perk level, we'll hook you up with the entire album as soon as it's done, along with everything else listed there on the side!
- $3000+ gives as a great place for us to produce the album we want. If we don't hit $3000, we'll take what we can and put it into the album, and release a smaller album setlist with the money we have!
You're gonna make a change, for once in your life it's gonna feel real good!
We take care of the music side. We sing, we dance (a little, not well, don't expect much), and we have fun performing. However, it's up to you guys to get that music out there. We don't have an advertising team, but we do believe in simply working on and creating good music for all of you to enjoy. We're just asking you guys to help us share that music for everyone else!
- If you've never heard South Asian music, you'll love it. Google "Bollywood Songs" right now, and immerse yourself in addictive melodies, a world of color and flavor, and downright rocking jams.
- Once you've listened to this South Asian awesomeness, imagine taking the best parts of the songs you've heard, combined with the best parts of the songs you already know. That's what we do!
- We work to make a different sound every time, creating tunes that hundreds if not thousands of people listen to, and we're asking for your help to make that number bigger!
It's not (just) about the money, money, money!
Hey- thanks for taking the time to read through all of this. If you don't have the money to pay, we completely understand! We're college students, and we're asking for help. If you could, though, spread the word!
- Check out our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jhukranti or our youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/johnshopkinskranti to find more updates about us and listen to some of our older music!
- Share this campaign! Even if you don't have money, your parents might. Or grandparents. Or neighbors. Or teachers. You'll figure it out.
(Songs referenced in section titles, for those who are curious: Wannabe by The Spice Girls, Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson, and Price Tag by Jessie J ft. B.o.B.)