if you are unable to view the video above, please follow this link:
**All funds raised beyond the final cost of the film will be donated to organizations working to reform our immigration policies for LGBT families.
With the battle for Marriage Equality continuing in the United States, the country is losing some of its most precious resources--its people. Many of our bi-national/foreign national LGBT couples are being forced out of the country under Voluntary Departure, which "allows an individual to leave on his or her own, rather than being formally deported which could lead to ten years of inadmissibility INA §212(a)(9)(A)."
(In)Voluntary Departure is a documentary chronicling the lives of Sandro and Alon, a bi-national couple as they are forced to leave the U.S. and spend a year traveling the globe in search of a new place to call home.
We ask you to join us in helping to tell Sandro and Alon's story in hopes that sharing these personal journeys will raise awareness and help the U.S. see a clear path to bringing our friends and families HOME ONCE AND FOR ALL.
Please donate today to support this important project!
Other Ways You Can Help!
- AIRLINE SPONSORSHIP: We are looking for folks iin the airlines industry that might be interested in sponsorship with AIRFARE TICKET VOUCHERS / AIRLINE SPONSORSHIP as we film (with our small, two person crew) outside the U.S. We are currently exploring 501c3 fiscal sponsorship that would allow airlines to utilize this as a tax-deductible donation. Let us know if you or someone you know might be interested in hearing more about this opportunity!
- MUSICIANS! We are currently looking for original music submissions for (In)Voluntary Departure. Please send us your links, info, or audio samples and we'll be in touch!
- IN-KIND DONATIONS: Not everyone can support financially but there are plenty of ways to help! We are looking for IN-KIND DONATIONS such as gifts to include in our different levels of financial support. We've set aside a number of donation levels that can be met with these in-kind donations as well. If this is something you'd be interested in hearing more about contact us!
- WORD OF MOUTH! As always we are asking for folks to get the word out and make some noise about (In)Voluntary Departure. Word of mouth adverstising and also the Indiegogo share tools go a long way!
- There are no stupid questions just non-contributors! Let us know if you have any questions and we'll get back to you right away about how you can help make this film take flight!