CHECK OUT OUR TEASER TRAILER: http://youtu.be/HPBwB8X0St0
THAT'S A WRAP! We are now in post-production. Check out our blog http://www.monsterbusterentertainment.blogspot.com and our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/MonsterBusterEntertainment for updates on the movie!
MEET JAKE IN OUR SECOND CHARACTER WEBISODE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g68ZUCuxpAc
MEET ALLISON IN OUR FIRST CHARACTER WEBISODE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGxcsYMPUds
"There's a zombie in my house and you two got caught up at work?" - Allison
When beautiful college grad Allison encounters a bizarre creature in the bathroom of her newly-inherited mansion, she reluctantly enlists the aid of Desmond and Jake, two self-proclaimed paranormal exterminators. Unfortunately for her, Desmond and Jake, who both work at a grocery store for their day jobs, are not the most competent bunch, and when a terrifying extra-dimensional evil from the mansion's past reveals itself the trio are soon fighting not only for their own lives but for the fate of the entire world as well.
My name is Torey Haas and I'm the writer and director of Invasion of the Undead, an eighties-style horror comedy inspired by Big Trouble In Little China and The Evil Dead, with a little bit of Star Wars thrown in for good measure. Ever since I first saw Jurassic Park as a kid my dream has been to make horror and monster movies, and I've wanted Invasion of the Undead to be my first feature since I wrote the original screenplay nearly ten years ago. I'm hoping to finally realize my lifelong dream and make Invasion with my production company MonsterBuster Entertainment (www.monsterbusterentertainment.com) later this spring.
Comprised of Georgia State, Georgia Tech, and Kennesaw State alumni, MonsterBuster Entertainment is an Atlanta-based micro-budget filmmaking operation. While many of us work professionally in the Georgia film industry, we are all so passionate about telling stories that we routinely devote our free time and weekends towards creating our own films. Over the past two years we've created a lot of content (check out our YouTube channel www.youtube.com/user/MonsterBusterEnt) and we now feel the time is right to finally make our first feature film, which I'm excited to say will be Invasion of the Undead. Should it prove as successful as I believe it will be it will establish MonsterBuster Entertainment as a truly independent, Georgia-based production studio run by people who are not only passionate about their craft but are also fans of the movies they create. But first we need your help!
"My scout leader called these guys. They talked at one of our meetings." - Ashley
In order to see Invasion all the way through from pre-production to post we need to raise $20,000. While this isn't the entire budget, it's extremely close, and it's very low considering all of the creatures (check out the names of our reward tiers for a rundown) and action sequences (the climax of Invasion features a sword fight… yes, a sword fight!) the script contains. Here's where the money will go:
- Over the past few years we've come to learn all too well that filmmaking takes time. In order to finish Invasion within a realistic timeframe, we need to pay our talented cast and crew so that they can take a vacation from their day jobs and not starve for the duration of the shoot. We're not trying to break the bank here- everyone involved has agreed to take a pay cut because they believe in the project- but since even ramen noodles cost something we need to pay everyone at least a meager amount.
Catering. You have no idea how much it costs to feed a team of people two meals a day for several weeks until you make a movie, and catering is easily one of the biggest expenses on an independent film shoot.
We need production insurance to secure a few shooting locations (i.e. the grocery store where Desmond and Jake work). And to protect our cast and crew, of course.
- Special effects! All of the myriad creatures in Invasion will be created practically, just like in the good old eighties before CGI took over everything. This means latex prosthetics and stop motion monsters, and while we have the artistry we nevertheless need the raw supplies.
We also need to allocate a portion of the money to create and ship our perks since we plan to give away as many physical rewards as possible. Here's what you'll receive for backing Invasion, and remember that all rewards are cumulative (i.e. you receive all of the previous reward tiers in addition to the tier you choose):
$1 - Every dollar helps, and for just a single dollar you will receive a 'special thanks' in the end credits of the film… that's right, you can have your name on a movie for only a dollar! I realize that this reward could potentially give Invasion one of the longest credit sequence in film history, and I would be completely honored if this is the case.
$5 - Five dollars will get you an exact reproduction of a very important prop from the film: Desmond and Jake's business card!
- $25 - For twenty-five dollars you will receive both a copy of the film's poster (the design of which will be unveiled later in this campaign) and a personalized glossy of the Invasion cast member of your choosing, in character. You can choose from Greg Garrison (Desmond), Dylan Schettina (Jake), Marie Barker (Allison) or Nathan DeRussy (the lead villain).
- $50 - Donate fifty dollars and you will get a signed special edition DVD/Blu Ray combo pack of Invasion of the Undead.
- $100 - This is the perk I'm most excited about. A donation of one hundred dollars will get you a unique, retro-style lobby card that commemorates the individual scene in the movie your contribution helped produce. While every one of these will be different they will all look very cool!
$500 - Did you see the horrible creature lurking in Allison's bathroom at the beginning of our main pitch video? Her name is Belle, and for five hundred dollars you will receive either her head or the head of one of her similar-looking compatriots, the Sons of Z'athax. Each of these heads is a one-of-a-kind articulated stop motion puppet nearly the size of an actual human skull. In the fortunate incident we get more backers than we have puppet heads (we're only planning to make three or four for the movie) the MonsterBuster special effects department (i.e. me and one other person) will happily create as many creature heads as necessary for our generous backers.
- $1000 - Our highest reward level gets you an executive producer credit on the film, an invitation to the exclusive cast and crew premiere in Atlanta (air fare not included), and the option to have your likeness immortalized in a Hillstead family portrait that will appear in a close-up shot in Allison's mansion at the beginning of the film.
In addition to these perks we'll also be giving away some thrilling one-of-a-kind prizes through our Facebook (www.facebook.com/MonsterBusterEntertainment) and Twitter pages (www.twitter.com/MonsterBuster12), so be sure to check us out on there as well!
In the event we don't reach our $20,000 goal, the raised money will either still go towards producing Invasion (if we're close to $20,000) or towards funding a short film featuring the same characters (if we're nowhere near $20,000). Comparable perks will be disbursed in both scenarios.
"It's pronounced Zay-tax, not Zath-ax!" - Jake
Invasion of the Undead is squarely intended to be entertainment, and I will never deny that. However, while I firmly see the value of movies as entertainment I can't help but think that film profits could go somewhere much more useful than just back to the studios. Thus, I plan to donate 10% of all profits from Invasion (and, fingers-crossed, all other subsequent MonsterBuster features) to charity, specifically to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. We've donated to them before with the proceeds from our first film festival (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7S64P0QSGU) back in November 2011, and nothing would make me happier than to give them a much bigger check in the future.
If you watched our pitch video and read this far you already know how excited I and the rest of the MonsterBuster crew are about Invasion of the Undead, but I really can't stress this point enough. Everyone in MonsterBuster shares a similar story to my own and we're all continually working hard to hone our craft in pursuit of this dream. Please help us realize our dreams and let's give Invasion of the Undead the longest 'Special Thanks' credit sequence in cinema history!
"You killed my best friend- twice- and you tried to kill my future girlfriend. I don't care what you are. You're going down." - Desmond
Even if you don't have the ability to contribute financially you can still help us! Share this campaign on Facebook, tweet it (www.twitter.com/MonsterBuster12) to your friends, show the pitch video to your coworkers- every little bit helps! The more people we can get the word out to the better chance we have of making the movie!
"We kinda just saved the world together. I'd say that makes us a pretty good team." - Allison
Thank you so much for taking your time to read about Invasion of the Undead. I hope you're as excited about it as we are and that you join us on this adventure. If you'd like more information check out our blog entries about the movie below: