"Nothing you do for a child is ever wasted" – Garrison Keillor
My name is Patrick Mureithi. Over the past 2 years I have had the honor of working on "Kenya: Until Hope is Found," a documentary that the late Roger Ebert called "an urgent documentary by a filmmaker I admire." It is about healing from trauma after Kenya's 2007/8 post-election violence that left 1,200 dead and 500,000 displaced from their homes. One of the subjects of my film is Paschalia Nduko. Paschalia has ran the Inua Mimi Children's Rescue Center for the past 24 years, keeping children out of the streets and providing housing, meals and a basic education for them.
On November 4th, 2013, an electrical fire broke out in a neighboring home, destroying over 100 structures and leaving the center with fire and excessive water and structural damage. I would like to raise money to help with repair and upgrading of the property.
Any contribution you can make will be of tremendous value, as your support will help to ensure that Paschalia continues to do what she considers to be her life's work.
What we need to raise
- I have put $2,000 as the goal, but this is the minimum amount needed to repair the structure. Anything extra will go towards administration, meals, clothing, books and maintenance of the structure.
- If everyone contributed $5 and passed this on, I believe we can raise the funds in record time
- EVERYTHING that is raised will go towards Paschalia and the children's center
Your part in this is invaluable:
- You will be making a huge difference in the lives of the children at the center
- Paschalia is a bright light to the children she helps and to everyone she encounters. The children she selflessly works with are being raised to contribute positively to their society.
Other Ways You Can Help
Even if you are not able to make a contribution, please help to spread the word by sharing this campaign on your social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
Thank you so much, Patrick