Meet the Director!
Hello! My name is Emily Norbury, and I am the Director of Imagine Faith. I am a young artist and filmmaker attending Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY. Originally from New Jersey, I have been interested in the cinematic arts from a very young age. Now at the age of twenty-one, I am a junior Film/Video major working towards earning my BFA in Film/Video Production. After three years of hands-on filmmaking experience at Pratt, I am working towards a career in the visual and conceptual art of film, theater, and television.
What is Imagine Faith?
Growing up in the church has never been easy. Especially as an artist living, learning, and growing in Brooklyn, NY, I've come to terms with the fact that faith is scarce in today's society. Religion in general seems to be an antiquated practice, and faith seems to be only relevant when backed up with evidence and scientific proof. My goal of creating Imagine Faith is to visually illustrate the importance of faith, to define what faith really means, and to draw connections to people of all walks of life and backgrounds.
Why help fund it?
Because you are awesome! Whether you are already experiencing faith in your own ways of life or whether you are intrigued by what faith could really mean, your donation would be so incredibly appreciated and useful. This film will not be possible without great people like you who can see a passion and a dream and nurture it. Plus, you will receive some really great perks in return for being such believers in my passion for this film! The walk in faith starts here: with you believing in a film you haven't seen come to life yet. But with your help, beautiful things will unfold!
What We Need & What You Get:
We'll lay it all out (no secrets!):
- Rented Equipment: $1,635.00
- Train Tickets for crew (both ways): $710.00
- Food for Cast and Crew (7 crew members, 3 days, 3 meals each day): $700.00
- Lodging: $595.00
- Total: $ 3,640
- $20- a digital copy of the film when it is completed along with a custom made "Thank You" card signed by the crew!
- $40- a digital copy of the film when it is completed, signed by the director! Your name will appear in the "Thank You" section of the credits of the film! You will also get a custom made "Thank You" card with the promotional stills included as well.
- $80- a digital copy of the completed film signed by the director, a promotional poster signed by the director and crew, and a personal "Thank You" video made by the cast and crew, just for you!
- $100- a digital copy of the completed film (signed by the director and crew), a candid "behind-the-scenes" photograph of the making of the film (also signed by the director and crew), and a one-of-a-kind prop from the film!
- $200- a digital copy of the completed film (signed by director, cast, and crew), a signed promotional poster, a custom-made Imagine Faith t-shirt, and a Ball Jar filled with goodies that ANYONE would love (candy, gift cards, glitter, etc)!
- $500- a digital copy of the completed film (signed by the director, cast, and crew), a framed production still signed by the director, a framed behind-the-scenes photograph signed by the director, a Ball Jar full of goodies, and an invitation to have dinner on the house with the director in Brooklyn, NY.
- $1,000- a digital copy of the completed film (signed by director, cast, and crew), a signed and framed production still, a signed and framed behind-the-scenes photograph, a ball jar filled with goodies, two Imagine Faith t-shirts, a personal letter from the director, and the title of "Executive Producer" in the credits of the film! You'll be famous!
If we do not meet our goal, we will struggle to make this film regardless. My goal isn't to make money off of this project. My goal is to make something beautiful and inspiring, regardless of how much money we have to do it. With that being said, I am a junior in college with a massive amount of student debt, not to mention that my fiance is in the Marine Corps deployed overseas. What I'm trying to say is without the funding from generous donors like you, I would pay out of pocket as much as I could but it would be very minimal under these circumstances. But with whatever money is donated, I will do my best to make this film as beautiful and inspiring as possible! (But the more money, the easier that will be for all of us! So please put your faith in me and know that this project will be something worth believing in!)
If we do meet our goal:
If we do meet our goal, we're going to make a beautiful and inspiring film that you will all be able to see and have some wonderful perks from for donating! If for any reason there is money LEFT OVER after production is complete, I will personally donate the excess money to the Samaritan's Purse International Relief program. They provide help and relief with means of faith to areas of the word devastated by natural disaster. You can check out their website here: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/
By donating and contributing, you could truly impact someone's life. You would definitely be impacting mine as a director by allowing my dream to come to fruition with all possibilities and ways of visually telling the story of faith. For others, there are many people out there who do not believe faith has a place in today's society. By helping us to create this film, these people may just see and understand that faith has its place in today's world regardless of what you believe in.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help!
- Donate! Well, we already covered this so if you can we'll love you!
- Know anyone? If you know anyone who is willing to lend a car, a location, equipment, anything, please let us know!
- Have a Facebook? Share this page on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, whatever! Whatever social media site you prefer, by spreading the word you would be helping us tremendously! The more people that know about this project, the more people there are to donate towards it!
- Got Love? Just support us, tell your friends about the film, tell your church about the film, and if all you can give is an open mind towards the project and concept behind it, that is appreciated too!
And that’s all there is to it.
Thank you SO much for taking the time to read about Imagine Faith.
I hope you can donate or contribute towards the making of this film!
Together, we can make something beautiful unfold.