VISIT US @ilumi.co
Create Amazing Lighting Experiences with iLumi
Enjoy the convenience of complete wireless control, create beautiful personalized atmospheres, and even program your lighting to do amazing things!
iLumi is a series of customizable and energy-efficient LED light bulbs controlled wirelessly an easy to Android or iOS mobile app.
After two years of research, design and development, we are ready to manufacture iLumi, and we want you to be a part of it. Support our campaign and help bring the world’s most intelligent light bulbs to the world, and in return be some of the first to receive iLumi.
The iLumi prototype and app
“Interested in installing LED lights that you can control remotely, but not so interested in rewiring your whole house? You might want to look into new technology introduced in late November by iLumi Solutions.”
Bright Multicolor Light Powered by HyperLuxTM
Our patent-pending HyperLux LED technology makes iLumi the brightest and most efficient multicolor light bulbs.
Using just the iLumi app, you can customize your lighting to any variation of bright white or rich color light without sacrificing brightness. With whiter whites, brighter blues, and richer reds, iLumis are both functional for everyday use and fun for specialty applications.
Any variation of bright white or color light
The iLumi prototype LED Board
Simple and Independent Wireless Control
Every iLumi has advanced Bluetooth technology giving you complete control and flexibility over how and where you use your iLumis. Control a whole house of iLumis, control a room, or control just one. Turn off all your lights while laying in bed, turn on blue movie lighting while you pop-in a movie, or turn that light in the hall on so you don't stub your toe when getting a drink of water at night.
Also, everything is built inside the bulb, so you don’t have to worry about connecting to routers, master/slave dependency, or other complications and headaches. Each iLumi has up to a 100 foot range, and multiple iLumis can communicate with one another to pass on commands and extend the signal range.
Technically speaking, each iLumi uses dual-mode Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0) wireless technology that is low-power, secure, and scalable.
A Lighting Control System Made Easy
One iLumi is amazing, but multiple iLumis open up limitless lighting possibilities. iLumis work great on their own or as a team to create a scalable wireless lighting control system. To order multiple iLumis, just add the appropriate amount to any perk level.
Size: There are two size iLumis, Large and Small.
- Large iLumi - The powerful Large iLumi bulbs are best for recessed, can, or track lighting. Large iLumis are 100 watt replacements that produce 1100 lumens while only using 15 watts.
- Small iLumi - The Small iLumi bulbs are great for lamps, fixtures, and most anywhere else in the home. Small iLumis are 60 watt replacements that produce 650 lumens while only using 8 watts.
All bulbs are fully dimmable at any selection to create the perfect setting and save energy. As you can see below, we’ve evolved the design of iLumi from the prototype to optimize aesthetics and functionality.
Limitless Programming Options
Along with Bluetooth, each iLumi is equipped with computing technology, including a processor, memory, and real-time clock for endless programming possibilities. Here’s an idea of what’s possible:
- Set your lighting to fit your schedule – Slowly turn on your lights with your alarm in the morning, set your lights to dim or brighten as the sun rises and sets, or have your lights slowly turn off when it’s time for bed.
- Set your lighting to recognize when you’re there – iLumis can sense your location and proximity, turning off when you leave, turning on when you come back, or even automatically lighting your path as you move around the house.
- Lighting for information at a glance – Receive text, social media, and phone call alerts, get an idea for the day’s weather, or keep up to date with stock price movements and news alerts.
- Create and save scenes for perfect personalized lighting – About to watch a movie? Impress a date? Or just head off to bed? One tap on saved scenes and your lights create the perfect mood.
- Create dynamic atmospheres – Have your lighting synchronize to music, mimic an underwater world of rolling blue waves, or create amazing effects like light strobes, fire, candlelight, and more.
- The sky is the limit – We plan to release a software development kit (SDK) so anyone can come up with innovative new ways to use iLumis. Receive SDK first in a Light Hacker Kit perk level.
Checkout the video of the Music Sync application in action by clicking the picture below!
Set-up Made Simple
We want you to have an amazing experience from day one, so we’ve simplified the set-up process to these two easy steps:
- Screw in one or multiple iLumis
- Download the app
After iLumis receive power for the first time, they automatically find and pair with the open iLumi app and create a secured authentication for that mobile device. You can always share access with family and friends who download the iLumi app on their own devices. There are no boxes, routers, master-slave configurations or dependencies -- it just works that simply.
Plus you can always use an old fashioned light switch to turn your iLumis off and on to a personalized default setting.
Leading Energy Efficiency and Savings
Home lighting comprises about 25% of your electric usage every month, so it pays to practice energy efficiency. By combining our advanced HyperLux LED technology’s efficiency with programming and automation functionality, iLumi is the most energy efficient light bulb in its class. And every iLumi lasts up to 20 years.
That means every iLumi pays for itself multiple times over through the course of its life. Considering energy savings and replacement offset, comparing the large 15 watt iLumi to a 100 watt incandescent you can save about $340. Comparing the small 8 watt iLumi to a 60 watt incandescent you can save about $200.
Savings reflect Large iLumi compared to 100 watt incandescent over 20 years
The iLumi App
Behind iLumi is the iLumi app, which will be available as a free download in the App Store or Google Play. We’ve designed the iLumi app to be simple, rich, intuitive, and engaging.
The app is compatible with all Android phones and tablets, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 3 (Retina Display), and iPad mini. When you set up your iLumis, it creates a secure authentication between the app and each light (so no practical jokes from the neighbors).
We’re also working on a software development kit (SDK) so others can come up with creative ways to use iLumis and share them with the iLumi nation. Receive the iLumi SDK first by contributing to a 'Light Hacker Kit' perk.
A few of the rich colors produced by the iLumi prototypes
The iLumi Team
Our team is led by co-founders Corey Egan and Swapnil Bora out of the Alcatel-Lucent Gravity Center, an entrepreneurial incubator in Dallas, Texas. With a combined 12 years of high-tech experience, Corey and Swapnil’s affinity for lighting, mobility, and technology has been a major part of their lives. The rest of the iLumi crew based in Dallas and India is a talented mix of engineers, designers, and advisors.
We are also supported by a world class partner network including leading LED and computing manufacturers, wireless communications and LED experts, and sourcing and operations partners.
Further, our team and technology have received numerous awards and accolades:
- Most Promising Company – Rice Alliance IT & Web Venture Showcase, December 2012
- Semi-finalist -SxSw Eco Start-up Showcase, October 2012
- Most Promising Company – Rice Alliance CleanTech and Energy Venture Showcase, September 2012
- Semi-finalist – CleanTech Open Accelerator and Competition, June 2012
- Grand Prize – Carnegie Mellon McGinnis Venture Competition, March 2011
- First Place Graduate Level - University of Texas at Dallas Business Idea Competition, November 2010
Two iLumi prototypes disassembled
The iLumi prototype control board scheme
These beautiful shots of the iLumi prototype and app were backlit with nothing but another iLumi
iLumi -- Live Your Light!
Now there's only one thing left to do – join us and Live Your Light with iLumi!
The iLumi prototype
Team on This Campaign:
Co-founder & CEO