Watch Trailer Here
- My name is Erin Corrado - HOLD ME STEADY is my second feature documentary.
- This film has been a project I've been personally invested in since 2010. I have finally gotten all the pieces to fall into play and get the film made into a documentary with a beginning, middle, and end.
- But now I need your help. I made this film to help let people know about Autism Service Dogs and how they change lives. In order to do this, I need to get the film onto screens and actually get it seen by people - this is where you come in, because with your help we can submit to film festivals and get the film and message out there!
What We Need & What You Get
- Currently, we need a minimum of $2000 - and have set that as our campaign goal. This will be used to pay film festival fees, make exhibition prints of the film and promotional materials for the film, as well as to cover any additional expenses such as travel to attend the festivals with the film. This is important, because it is by having the filmmaker attend the festival that you are able to have meetings with distributors and get them to pick up your film - which means even more people get to see it!
- Our perks (you can check them all out on the right-hand side of the screen), include signed film stills, posters, as well as your name in the credits of the film! Also, major contributors will be offered a free ticket (or two) should a screening come to their area.
- If we don't reach our entire goal, we will still try to get the film out there, but it will play less places, and in not as many cities.
- If we exceed our goal, we will be bringing HOLD ME STEADY even further around, and be able to get it seen by an even wider audience! Funds will also be used to pay back other production fees, such as music fees, etc. And if we exceed the goal exponentially, additional funds will be put into new film projects.
- What would you do if someone in your family was diagnosed with Autism? How would you feel? Have you been thinking about getting a dog but unsure what an Autism Service Dog actually does? I am hoping that this film will help people who either know someone who is on the autism spectrum, or is looking for a service dog. I also hope to see greater awareness of both autism and service dogs to be found through the film. Many people are unaware that service dogs can be used to help those who have autism as well, and I think this film is important to help get the word out.
- Last year when I ran the campaign for my previous documentary I AM NOT INVISIBLE, the money allowed me to finish the film, which will be premiering at The Daring Independent Film Festival in Toronto, Dec. 2013.
- I'm hoping that with your help, HOLD ME STEADY will find success as well.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Tweet a link, post on Facebook, send an e-mail - if you can't give a financial contribution, how about help us advertise the film's campaign? Always appreciated! :)
- Also, remember that you can use the Indiegogo share tools to make this SUPER EASY!
THANKS EVERYONE - HERE'S TO A GREAT CAMPAIGN! :D
*** By funding this project, you fully accept your contribution as a donation, not an investment. ***