The Duke Street Business Center at Lancaster Public Library as well as the business community, job seekers, and nonprofit organizations depend on access to the valuable information available through ReferenceUSA. In late December 2013, the Library System of Lancaster County* announced it will not renew any business databases in 2014 including ReferenceUSA.
We at the Lancaster Public Library understand that the databases are a vital community resource and we have raised a portion of the funds necessary to restore Reference USA and hope to offer this resource again soon. But we still need to raise more money to provide remote access! Please donate to our Indigogo Campaign and pass this link on to others in the community. If we all work together, we can make this resource available to our entire community!
What We Need & What You Get
Here's what we need:
- $5,500 allow us to offer FREE access to ReferenceUSA to anyone in our service area. That's free remote access for more than 208,000 people!
- We have raised enough to offer the services to people who visit our libraries in person, but this campaign allows individuals and businesses remote access
- There are several databases that were cut in Dec. 2013. The amount of funding we raise will be used to piece meal restoring as much of the original databases as possible. We hope to raise far more than our $5,500 goal so we can offer databases beyond ReferenceUSA.
Why are these databases important?
- The Duke Street Business Center helps thousands of people each year by offering resources not readily available (or affordable) in the general public. Beyond the one-on-one business counseling, assistance with starting your new business, or marketing your existing business, in the past we have offered these databases free to the public - and they are widely used!
- People research local businesses, conduct job searches, find grant funding, learn about your competition and much more through free access to these databases.
- Two library supporters have already brought in $10,000 to this cause! We need many library supports to help out - at any level you can afford.
Other Ways You Can Help
Help us spread the word!
- Please forward this link to others in the community, place it on Facebook, share it on Twitter, yell it from the rooftops! We're committed to make this work and everything helps!
- Indigogo offers easy share tools as well