“The library will change people’s lives in the same way it has changed mine”
Artist and printmaking instructor
WHO ARE WE
We are Art Division, a non-profit organization dedicated to training underserved 18 to 25 year old young adults who show genuine commitment to the visual arts.
We are located in the Rampart District of Los Angeles. Through professional training, individual tutoring and direct contact with working artists, our students develop the tools they need to pursue higher education, achieve self-sufficiency and begin careers in the arts and related fields.
We started in 2010 with the help of LA Housing Partnership who donated a space for our library and classes. We provide our students with free art and art history classes, field trips, and a comprehensive Art Library.
The heart of our program is our Art Library. We carry more than 5,000 books which were donated by members of the Los Angeles art community.
But we have outgrown our space and we need your help
We are raising money to open a new art library. It is important to have a sophisticated art library in the Rampart District because we truly believe that looking through art books and reading about art can change lives. The books have had an enormous effect on our students and their work.
WHAT WE NEED & WHAT YOU RECEIVE
Our mission is to create an art library that it is easily accessible to our students and community. We will provide free art history lectures to local residents including neighborhood high school and college students. We recently received a donation of a large space for our library. However there is a need for extensive remodeling. We will need chairs, tables, and lights. We also need funds for librarians and staff.
Before our library can open, we need to raise $6,500
This a flexible funding campaign, which means all the money raised will support the Art Library.
We hope to implement a program of public Art History lectures and events in the summer of 2013.
We are also creating partnerships with other neighborhood non-profits in order to introduce art books to our community.
As a THANK YOU from Art Division, our students and staff have put together gifts for you.
*All donors will be thanked on our website. *
*Your contribution is 100% tax deductible.*
- With your donation of $10 you will receive three greeting cards designed by our staff and students. Please include your shipping address.
- With your donation of $25 you will receive one original block print designed by one of our students. You have the option to pick from three. Please include your shipping address and the design you would like.
Design 1 - T.V Boy
Design 2 - Aztec Warrior
Design 3 - Design II
- With your donation of $50 you will receive an etching designed by student Alex Gonzalez aka "Otis Woods". Created exclusively for this campaign, it is a limited edition of 50.
- With your donation of $100 you will receive a limited edition etching by artist Javier Carrillo.
- With your donation of $200 you will receicve a commission portrait drawing of your choice by student Jairo Perez. Please include photograph.
- With your donation of $500 you will receive an etching by Art Division founder and artist Dan McCleary.
- With your donation of $900 you will receive a lithograph " The Chef" by Art Division founder and artist Dan McCleary.
Other Ways You Can Help
- You can help us in valuable ways !
- "Like Us" on our Facebook page
- Spread the word
- Share our campaign using the Indiegogo share tools!
- Donate Art Books
Thank you so much for your time and help . If you have any questions about donationg art books or would like a tour of our space, please contact us at email@example.com.