Help Build a Stupa of the Great Awakening
The Mahabodhi Stupa at Land of Medicine Buddha
Ultimate goal: To build a stupa that will inspire and bless all who see it. To provide a a place of refuge and the inspiration to find spiritual refuge in the gentle path of wisdom, compassion and peace.
Fundraising Goal: We began our fundraising campaign to build this great Stupa on March 28th - according to the advice of a Tibetan Master, Geshe Ngawang Dakpa. One week later we held a twenty four hour Stupa "Wheelathon." We turned our great prayer wheel and dedicated prayers day and night for our donors. While our twenty four hour Wheelathon is over, your opportunity to have our great prayer wheel turned on you behalf is not. As our Indiegogo campaign continues so will our turning our prayer wheel and dedicating for donors to our project.
During our Wheelthon we raised more than $35,000 to help building get underway for our stupa. We hope to meet or exceed our Indiegogo goal of $12,000 by the end of our Indiegogo campaign on May 27th.
We are getting VERY CLOSE to meeting our goal.
Thank you for your support!
We will continue to accept donations and dedicate prayers from our Indiegogo donors until May 27th. See the list of perks we offer!
- The Stupa will be dedicated as a place to promote peace. Plaques will be placed at the site to honor people such as His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King , Thich Nhat Han and others who have through their tireless effort created a more peaceful world.This stupa will bring vast benefit to those devoted to the Buddhist path of peace and it preserve the culture and art of the Buddhist pantheon.
- Stupas are said to promote harmony, prosperity, longevity, good health and peace.
- They bring vast blessings to the environment in which they are built, to those who build them, and to those who visit and venerate them. In this way, stupas ensure that the living quality of the Buddhist teachings will always be available.
- Land of Medicine Buddha is a Mahayana Buddhist Center in the tradition of the Dalai Lama - We have owned and developed our Buddhist center on 108 acres of pristine coastal land for more than twenty years.
Building is set to begin. Our
bhumi puja (earth blessing ritual) was held on Friday, April 25th
and on the following Monday, April 28th our construction team began building
- the stupa of the Great Awakening - the Mahabodhi.
- Our campaign is designed to bring the blessings of supporting the building of this great stupa to a wide range of people. We invite you to become co-creators of this powerful icon of peace.
How can you help? Practice generosity!
We welcome your offerings to go towards the building of our stupa !
How much do we need? - Financial Information
- We estimate that to complete our stupa we need another $600,000.
- $35,000 has been spent up to this point on design, engineering, geologic study and government permit process.
- Wecurrently have $75,000 in our fund with another $50,000 pledged by Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche. Making our total estimate for this project $815,000
- To complete our 2014 building goals we estimate that we will need an additional $65,000 in funding this year. ($35,000 has already been raised in this campaign)
By working for your benefit we will be generating a positive spiritual foundation from which we will go forward with the building of our stupa.
- We offer you a rare opportunity - There are few opportunities in life to support the building of a such a great stupa.
Complete transparency - Every dollar, every penny we raise will go directly to the building of our stupa.
- In 2012 Land of Medicine Buddha completed our Great Prayer wheel. With this complete, we are ready to continue building spiritual supports for the local and world community.