Great video from a woman who totally relates to Jenny's struggle about why supporting this film means so much.
If you are having difficulty donating through PAYPAL, you can send a check made out to From the Heart Productions Inc, to:
From the Heart Productions
1455 Mandalay Beach Road
Oxnard, CA 93035-2845
Team Jenny's Wedding
Interview with writer / director / producer Mary Agnes Donoghue and producer Michelle Manning
Jenny Farrell (Katherine Heigl) has led an openly gay life - except with her conventional family. When she finally decides to start a family and marry the woman they thought was just her roommate, the small, safe world the Farrells inhabited changes forever. They are left with a simple and difficult choice - either change with it or drown.
Last November, MM Productions completed principal photography on the film "Jenny's Wedding" and they are currently in post production.
Made independently, this film is the kind of movie the studios used to make all the time. It is about real people, the problems they face, and
the personal courage it takes to resolve them. It is also about
transformation and love.
Both moving and funny, it has an important message to send, and our goal is to ensure it reaches a wide audience.
Katherine Heigl - (Jenny) is an actress best known for her work on the television show "Grey's Anatomy" and the films, "Knocked Up", "The Ugly Truth", "27 Dresses", "Life as We Know It", and "One for the Money". Her philanthropic work includes "The Jason Debus Heigl Foundation", "Compassion Revolution" and "Just One".
Mary Agnes Donoghue - is a writer/director whose credits include "Beaches", starring Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey; "White Oleander", starring Michelle Pfieffer and Renee Zelwegger; "Deceived", starring Goldie Hawn; and "Veronica Guerrin" starring Cate Blanchett. Donoghue also wrote and directed the Don Johnson, Melanie Griffith film, "Paradise". She returns to the director's chair with "Jenny's Wedding", which she also wrote and produced.
Michelle Manning - attended USC Film school and began her career working with John Hughes, producing the films "Sixteen Candles" and "The Breakfast Club". In 1986, she made her directorial debut with the film "Blue City", starring Judd Nelson and Ally Sheedy. In 1991, Manning began working for Paramount Pictures as senior vice president of production, and was later promoted to president of production.
Gail Levin - has over 25 years of experience in the entertainment industry. As the Executive Vice President of Features Casting at Paramount Pictures from 1999-2009, Gail supervised the casting of all feature films produced by the studio. She has personally cast such iconic films as "Almost Famous", "Jerry Maguire" and "What's Eating Gilbert Grape".
We have a lot of exciting PERKS that will help you help us achieve our goal.
Everything from downloads of exclusive digital content, to DVD and Blu-Rays, Signed Limited Edition Posters, Signed Screenplays, Signed Production Stills, and Signed Wedding Albums featuring all the photos from Jenny's Wedding!
Once the film is finally done, we want you to come celebrate with us! We will be having special screenings in various cities (listed below) that will include Q&A sessions with writer/director Mary Agnes Donoghue, producers Michelle Manning and Gail Levin, and actress Katherine Heigl (subject to availability).The creme de la creme Perk we're offering is a package that includes coming to the premiere, dinner with the filmmakers and the most unique souvenir from the film: the actual wedding dress Katherine Heigl wears in the movie, which is a once in a lifetime chance to own our most important piece of memorabilia!
We've created the opportunity for you to attend a pre-screening reception with Mary Agnes Donoghue, producers Michelle Manning and Gail Levin, and the cast, as well as the Premiere in Los Angeles.
Current Scheduled Cities:
- Los Angeles
- Cleveland (where the film was shot)
Note: We will make every effort to schedule as many cast members as possible to be at these screenings, but obviously, everything is subject to peoples' schedules.
As of now our screenings are tentatively scheduled to take place in November, but those dates are subject to change. Everyone who plans to attend the screenings will be given adequate notice to make travel accommodations if need be.
Additionally, a portion of our proceeds will be donated to PFLAG's non-profit organization in Cleveland and all of your donations will be tax deductible thanks to our partnership with From the Heart Productions.
PFLAG CLEVELAND (Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
is the United States' largest organization for parents, families,
friends, and straight allies united with people who are lesbian, gay,
bisexual, and transgender (LGBT). PFLAG has more than 350 chapters
across the United States, the
District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and 11 other countries, with more
than 200,000 members and supporters.
If you are unable to contribute financially, please share our campaign. Making the campaign go viral is the only way it will be a success and that's where we also need your help.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our campaign.
What is the song in the Indiegogo Video and update videos?
- "Same Love" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, featuring Mary Lambert. Find out more about Macklemore at Macklemore.com
So how does the tax deduction work, and the donations to PFLAG?
- From the Heart Productions is our fiscal sponsor and registered as a 501c3. All donations go through them and are 100% tax deductible. For more information on From the Heart Productions, you can visit their Indiegogo Page HERE. At the conclusion of our campaign, we are going to make a separate donation to PFLAG Cleveland, an amazing organization that has been incredibly supportive of this project.
If I don't want to select a Perk, can I still make a donation and get the tax deduction?
- YES! Just select "Contribute Now" and you'll see a selection that allows you to just make a donation.
When is the movie coming out?
- We are in post production. The movie has been shot and it is currently being edited. Then we have to license the songs, write the score, do the sound and color correction, etc. Once that stuff is done, we'll begin submitting to festivals and find a distributor. But it is our hope we are able to release by the end of the year.
Will the entire cast be at the screenings?
- We are going to do our best to get everyone to every screening but our priority is to have as many cast in attendance for the Q&As so it will mostly depend on everyone's schedules in regards to that.
Who are the two women in the video? Is the movie about them?
- No, the movie is not about Laurie and Betsy. They were introduced to us via mutual friends and agreed to be interviewed for our video to show the reality of our film's subject.This looks like a really big movie... why are you on Indiegogo?
- Thank you! But actually, our budget was very small in comparison to most films. Depending on how much money we raise over our goal, we might be able to license big, recognizable songs we normally would not have been able to afford. Music is in integral part of making the best possible movie.
When will we get to see pictures of the poster, the coffee mug and t-shirt?
- Soon! We are designing them as we speak and will get photos up on the Indiegogo Page ASAP!
How can I have a screening in my city?
- If we get enough requests from specific cities, we will see if we can arrange a screening in your city!Can you explain the Expected Delivery Dates and how that works?
- As of now, the soonest we'll be able to do a public screening is next Fall, and we are hoping to be in theaters by Christmas. At that time, you'll receive all of the Perks that can be given out, such as the screenplays, posters, wedding albums, and production stills. When the film is released on home video a few months later, everyone will get their DVDs and downloads. As for any Perk such as a t-shirt, mug, hat, prop, etc., as soon as the campaign concludes, and the items are ready to ship, they'll go out.
- The Save the Date Magnet is an EXCLUSIVE PERK independent of all other Perks.