This Is Me
My name is Forrest, and music captivated me from an early age. Ever since I was young I've been trying to make music any way I can.
As a current college student at Belmont University in Nashville, music is all around me every day. Nashville has a certain creative energy to it, and I think this energy is responsible for the songs I wrote for my first EP, which I'm hoping to finish by the end of this semester.
Being a college student, however, I'm a bit short on funds for an EP. There are many factors involved in making an album, and they add up fast. But with your help, I might be able to make this happen.
In order to make this thing a reality, I need roughly $1,855. I'm asking for $2,000 because Indiegogo keeps 4% of that money and PayPal keeps 2.9% on each transaction. Here's a detailed breakdown of the costs involved:
- $953.19 for printing (includes shipping and tax)
- $360 for tracking, mixing, and mastering
- $80 for album artwork and package design
- $160 for the Indiegogo video and the music video
- $100 for marketing (press release, Facebook ads, etc.)
- $200 for shipping CDs
I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help! I'll personally say thank you in different ways for donations of $10, $25, $75, $300, $500, and $2,000. See the "Perks" section for more details!
Your support will mean the world to me, but it would also mean a lot to all my friends and family who have helped me out with my music over the past seven years. Here’s what else your support would do:
- Help me get started in the music industry. I’m a music business major at Belmont University, so this has the potential to really give me a boost in my future career.
- Showcase the talent of my amazing friends who are helping me. Literally everything in this EP except printing and packaging will be done in a dorm room. My friend Mitchell is recording, mixing, and mastering my songs, my roommate Joey is doing all the photos and videos, and my RA Ross is responsible for the awesome album art. This EP would be a great opportunity to show off what talented friends I have and to give them experience and portfolio-building opportunities.
- Allow me to share my music with more people than ever. I’ve put a part of my soul into every song on this EP, and that’s something that I think is worth sharing. I believe that, like most things in life, art is only truly meaningful if it is shared and experienced collectively.
Other Ways You Can Help
I’m speaking from experience when I say that not everybody can afford to support projects such as this. But if you still want to help in some way, there are other things you can do besides donate your money.
- Tell everybody you know. And even some you don’t. Telling people in person would help the most!
- Share on social media! Actually telling people in person about this (revolutionary in this day and age, I know) will help so much, but if you’re more introverted like I am, you might be able to help more by blowing up Facebook and Twitter with the news. There are even share tools on this very page!
If you're interested in helping me out with promotion or something else, contact me! My email address is email@example.com.