The Daughters of St. Paul--an international congregation of Roman Catholic Sisters founded to evangelize with media--are in need of a video that will introduce young women to our life and invite them to consider a religious vocation.
What We Need and Why
God keeps calling young women to a life of consecration, and the first place they look to follow that call is...the Internet. An effective presentation can spark that interior recognition: "This is where God wants me!"
That's just what we hope for in making a vocation video with our good friends, the incredible Catholic artists of www.SpiritJuiceStudios.com They do high quality work in a style that matches the expectations of young adults and is at the same time worthy in its form of the truth and beauty it contains.
Our current goal of $13,000 will allow us to shoot the film by the end of June; it won't bring us as far as production (that's another $13 K and another campaign). Our estimated release date is New Year's Eve 2013.
This vocation video will then be made available for free EVERYWHERE!
And you'll get the eternally grateful prayers of the Sisters--not just the current Daughters of St Paul, but those future Sisters who will have found their calling thanks to the video you helped us make.
A DVD and online video of the Daughters of St. Paul can be shared and embedded on all types of social media, going all over the world even in nations where Christians are a tiny minority, but where the Daughters of St Paul carry out the mission of media evangelization.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Please pray for this project! During the month of June we especially pray to St. Paul; why not join us in asking Paul for "more Daughters"?
- Use the Indiegogo sharing tools to let others know about the campaign.
- Share the actual vocation video with friends when it comes out!
Something for You
We don't have much in the way of material things to offer as perks, but how about these?
In acknowledgment of your $5 contribution, we'll light a vigil candle (a real one, not electric) before the First Class Relic of our Founder, Blessed James Alberione (or, if you prefer, before the First Class Relic of St. Ignatius Loyola, St. Maria Goretti or Blessed Francis X. Seelos).
A $20 donation lights a six-day candle next to the Tabernacle in our convent chapel, where the sisters will be praying for your intentions.
If you can manage a $50 contribution, Sister Frances will put on her apron and bake you a batch of made-from-scratch cookies from our convent kitchen. Chocolate chip? Simple (but delicious) sugar cookies? Some of each? You tell us.
At the $75 level, we will send you an autographed copy of Sister Helena Burns' daily devotional book for young women, "He Speaks to You." It is an ideal pass-along for the young woman you think would make a great nun, or to any college-age woman (especially the recent high school grad).
And for $100, we'll send you a copy of the DVD when the project has reached its conclusion!
By the Way
- Check out our crazy nuns during a recording session (our choir has put out many albums through the years, and we go on tour at Christmas time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXxG1RDcOcU
- Here's a sample of one of our albums, just one of the many "media" things we do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZx7IN5WCOc&list=UUxGFTGHfbppZF7u3_4Q6rDg&index=10
- Learn more about our Founder, Blessed James Alberione, and the Pauline Family: www.MediaApostle.com
Thank you & God bless!
Wait! I Already Donated $ to "Media Apostle--the Father James Alberione Film" (100 min)--Where the Heck Is THAT???
GLORIA DEO + PAX HOMINIBUS