- Kubrilesque starting workshopping in 2004 in the gritty backrooms of Los Angeles nigntclubs
- By 2007 it graced bigger stages with a full show
- In 2009 and 2010 some of the cast traveled to far out destinations, including Estonia and Prague!
- The show now has musical numbers that have been perfected over years.
- The year is 2013, the show has new cast members, old cast member, an original IDM soundtrack, and a cohesive story
- The performers have been hard at work, and as art goes, it's mainly a labor of love.
- I am the director, Crystal Swarovski, it has been amazing to see everything grow and come together, and i hope this isn't the last time the show is performed.
- This summer our show will be performed in GALA Theatre at Tivoli Square, 3333 14th Street NW Washington, DC 20010, Our dates at The Capital Fringe are: July 11, 12,13, 20, 25, 26, 27
- Tickets will be on sale soon at the Capital Fringe website
What We Need
- What we would need to pay for the theater, lights, marketing, and pay the cast is $3,000, this would be with the barest of essentials and per diems.
- I am asking the community to help with funding in the ammount of $575. I came to this number, because this is the cost of the theater rental for the festival. If we don't make it to our goal, any ammount will still help paying for costs and any extra, will go to the other expenses to run a great show.
What You Get
- for a $5 ddonation, you will receive a Burlesque Bitch Bumper stciker, from Burlesquebitch dot com, and a thank you on our Kubrilesque website
- for a $10 donation, you will receive a CD with original Kubrilesque music, and a thank you on our Kubrilesque website
- for a $20 donation, you will receive your very own ad on Burlesque Bitch dot com, that will cycle the whole website, giving your business viewing from the Burlesque community, and a thank you on our Kubrilesque website
- for a $30 donation, you will receive a pair of handmade paties, in your choice of color, made by crystal Swarovski, and a thank you on our Kubrilesque website
- for a $50 donation, you will receive "on the list" treatment, as we'll put you and 5 friends on the list at a local burlesque show at The MOCA in Georgetown, Washingotn, DC, where some of our cast puts on gritty little fun shows, dates currently available are: April 27, May 11, and June 22!, and a thank you on our Kubrilesque website
- for a $100 donation, you will receive a Christmas, Hanuakah, or Kwanza card in the mail from each member of our cast, yes over 20 cards, thanking you with their very own signed photo, just for you, , and a thank you on our Kubrilesque website
- for a $500 donation, you will receive an executive producer status on all our flier and website materials, where we list you you or your production company by name, the bumper sticker, CD, ad on Burlesque Bitch, pasties, the holiday cards, and a thank you on our Kubrilesque website
You will be contributing to artists who have given there all, who generally give there all for very little.
When we are on Broadway, we will not forget you
Other Ways You Can Help
- Share this campaign on Facebook or twitter
- come see the show
- volunteer to be one of our stage hands
- sponsor us with some costumes, set pieces, or makeup
- friend us on facebook
- volunteer to pass out fliers in exchange for tickets to the show
- hang a poster in your store front, if you are a business
- buy the cast dinner, we really are starving artists ;)
- Use the Indiegogo share tools!