***********STRAIGHT TO THE POINT SUMMARY*************
We are an odd mix from different backgrounds on the same page about making didgeridoo infused hip hop/funk/folk - whatever you wanna call it! We are raising funds to release and promote our debut album and future music videos. We also plan to promote the “Yam” music video over this coming Thanksgiving (yam season). Our perks include the debut album itself (physical and digital form), private didgeridoo lessons, poster art and more! We thank you and appreciate any support you can give us and hope our perks will be of infinite value to you!
· ABOUT GORANGUTANG
· Gorangutang: Half gorilla, half orangutan. This hybrid creature is known for its strong thumping of the forest floor to mark it's territory, powerful bass-heavy calls and unpredictable swings through the upper canopy. We (William Thoren and Tra'zae Lewis Clinton) first met in Berlin, Germany during the 2011 George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic tour. It was Thanksgiving Day and the first time either of us had traveled with P Funk outside of the USA. Strangely, less than a year from our Thanksgiving meeting we ended up cutting our first song together: "Yam". Over the last year we have been making music together in hotels, buses, planes and anywhere else we find ourselves touring with P Funk and or at home in our "gorabitat".
· William Thoren is an LA based didgeridoo crafter, performer and photographer. He has been playing didgeridoo for thirteen years and started touring with George Clinton and P Funk as their photographer in 2011. Tra'zae is the grandson of George Clinton and learned to rhyme before he could speak. He is a multi instrumentalist with a focus on keyboard and a prolific producer of various styles of music.
· ABOUT THIS CAMPAIGN
· We have started this campaign to ask for help in getting the music we have created together over the last year out to the world! If successful, this campaign will allow us to put everything aside and focus on the release of our music far sooner then we will be able to with our current financial obstacles. We have learned that social media outreach alone is not enough for good promotion. Most of the major and indie artists we love have had a ton of promotional budget behind their music to get it to listeners.
· We are taking the independent route and have found a few good companies and outlets for promoting our upcoming music and videos. One of these companies is Hip Video Promo who will help get our videos on MTV, VH1, BET and a long list of other networks and online media outlets. The music industry is in a state of transformation and we feel blessed to have access to the many new opportunities for independent artists. We are big dreamers and each of us tends to constantly take on more then we can realistically achieve by ourselves. We have our creative flow down but now we are reaching out to our community for help in releasing the works we have created. With this campaign we hope to gain support from those who believe in us enough to help release the Gorangutang into the wild! Lastly, every didge player knows the world is hugely lacking in didgeridoo.
First of all we feel amazingly blessed to be living the lives we live amongst such an amazing and diverse group of people! We are blessed to even see it as a possibility that our community might support us in achieving our true dreams and we appreciate any kind of support we get - even if you are just putting a lil extra syrup on a yam for us!
One of our main obstacles is distance. Tra'zae lives in Las Vegas and William Lives in Los Angeles. We spend more time together on the road with P Funk then we do at either of our homes. All the music we have recorded is getting finalized and mixed in Los Angeles so part of the budget will go towards travel expenses between cities.
Tra'zae has three young kids with his wife in Las Vegas and time away from them is taken very seriously. There is often a pressure to spend our time together playing shows or street performing to cover Greyhound tickets and gas expenses rather than focus on releasing our creations. William runs a large didgeridoo crafting shop in LA that he is currently in the process of downsizing. He will be moving from a large shop to a smaller one over the next two months. This move combined with Will's habit of didgeridoo evolution over profits will leave little room for the excesses of funding this album project anytime soon.
With that said, every extra cent we have has been and will continue going into our music! If this campaign is successful it will feel like winning the lottery of our dreams. It will empower us to live our someday dreams now and if you help us achieve this we promise to strive for nothing less then making music history!
· Where the funds will go
1. Travel expenses to finalize the album: $450
2. Recording, mixing and mastering: $800
3. 1000 Eco Wallet copies of the physical CD: $900
4. Digital distribution & publishing administration: $105
5. Hip Video Promo music video promotion for "Yam": $1296
6. Online album promotion: $1600
7. Travel expenses/budget for 2 new music videos: $1200
8. Album art and graphic design: $200
9. Indiegogo + Paypal Fee: $396
· We will be posting updates and more specifics on each of these expenses in the updates section.
About our Perks
If you have any questions about the listed perks or would like to specially request something more, please email us at email@example.com
· If we don't reach our desired goal, the first priority of any of your contributions will go towards fulfilling the perks and completing the mixing and mastering of the music. After that, funds will go to towards promotion and completing our new music videos. If enough funds are not raised for printing, the delivery of the album will most likely be delayed longer than the said date.
Other Ways You Can Help
· Your sharing of this campaign is deeply appreciated!!!!
· We understand that some may not be in a place to contribute and we greatly appreciate your interest in this campaign and our music regardless of your contribution.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your support!