Winter Tangerine Review is a literary journal dedicated to exposing the best poetry, prose and art from young writers to established writers, all over the world.
It was only after receiving rejection letter after rejection letter that I realized how difficult it was for a young writer to break into the writing industry. Established journals were definitely more willing to publish well-known writers who have a name to back them, rather than unknown writers who would be a risk. I decided to create Winter Tangerine Review because I feel that every writer, from the 17 year old poet in Alaska to Joyce Carol Oates, deserves a chance to be published.
Now, with a prospective staff of over 40, Winter Tangerine is a thriving source of literary and artistic talent. We have the most qualified, diverse staff from all over the world, from England to Australia to Singapore to Spain. We plan to publish our first issue in May- but we need some help doing that.
What We Need
These are the things we need funded:
- The Winter Tangerine Awards: An annual poetry and prose contest, with guest judges and cash prizes.
- Compensation: We want to be able to pay our contributors.
- General things: Our Submittable's account, our website fees and postal services so we can mail out issues.
What You'll Get
- My undying gratitude: I will really, really, really appreciate even a nickel from you, as will all my staff and all the people contributing to this journal. Everything my amazing staff is doing is with the knowledge that there is no salary- they aren't getting paid for it. All the reviews and critiques are made solely on volunteer work, with the hope that maybe they'll be able to hold the tangible fruit of their labor, the journal for which they worked for. I would really appreciate it if you'd help us make this dream a reality.
Member of our email list: Whenever anything interesting happens in regards to Winter Tangerine Review, you'll be notified by a cute little email.
The knowledge that you are contributing to the arts: The arts have always been underfunded, and it's always been the people who have helped support it. It doesn't matter who you are- a Wall St. business man, or a single mom in Toronto- the arts influences your life. Literature is everywhere; art is everywhere, but the writer and the artist is constantly neglected. By contributing, you're helping us change that.
- Any of the perks you choose to receive: You can get a Skype breakfast with the Editor-in-Chief, a signed copy of our first issue* or a lifetime subscription to the journal, among other things!
Other Ways You Can Help
Share this campaign through Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, your neighborhood book club, everything!
If you're a writer or artist, submit to us! Contributors keep our publication alive, and we're always interested in seeing new work!
(All artwork used in this Indiegogo campaign was done by Kelly Luc)
* Note: Perks do not include shipping costs. That will be discussed with each individual contributor once the fundraiser has ended.