Visually Sound Pictures has been producing high-quality shorts, web series, and feature-length films at an indie-caliber level since 2008. We're now seeking your support to elevate the production value of our upcoming slate of scripts to stand apart in the increasingly competitive film festival and digital media markets.
Our recent feature-length screenplay Infinity received the first runner-up award at The Beverly Hills Film Festival this past year. Additionally, our second feature-length screenplay The Vagrant also received recognition at a number of festivals. We need your help to invest the appropriate time, energy, and financing that these lauded works warrant.
We also have a slew of shorts intended for web broadcasting only. The contributions you make to this campaign are not going toward a singular project -- the resources are being distributed across all productions; rather than putting all your chips down on one number, we're spreading your bets across the roulette table to yield the best return for everyone. This allows you to see the more immediate results of your philanthropy in the shorter, readily-developed web productions until we've finished polishing the more extensive feature-length works. Our full production schedule includes:
- Infinity (Feature-length; Drama) - MEMENTO meets BLUE VALENTINE. Does love last or get caught in a loop? Boy and Girl, 20-something opposites, fight for love as their relationship mysteriously plays out in reverse.
- The Vagrant (Feature-length; Thriller) - THE HURT LOCKER meets DRIVE. He didn’t leave because of what he did. He left because of what he’d do. A desperate and lethal homeless veteran seeks redemption for his haunted past by sabotaging the human trafficking cartel that has taken him in.
- Customer Service (Web series; Comedy) - Innocent customer service reps struggle with slyly disrespectful and vulgar clients over the phone.
- Last Night (Web short; Comedy) - Two bro's catch up over brunch about their individual sexual exploits from the night before -- escalating in ridiculous one-upmanship.
- What Are You Thinking? (Web short; Comedy) - A wife asks her husband the terrifying question, "What are you thinking?" as they take a weekend drive. He plays out all of his potential and honest responses in his mind ...
- D-Collar (Web short; Comedy) - A parody infomercial about a cone that prevents men from masturbating too frequently.
In order to produce the shorts and features above at a suitable quality that they demand, we have researched and itemized our production needs. Your contributions toward our $38,863 goal will aid us in the purchase and/or rent of the following:
- Cameras, lenses, and rigging equipment.
- Lighting and electrical supplies.
- Editing/post-production hardware and software.
- Make-up & hair styling products/services.
- Locations/rental fees.
- Set dressing supplies.
Visually Sound Pictures is made up of hard-working, creative individuals who are struggling to make their dreams of filmmaking come true -- not an uncommon plight here on Indiegogo. However, we also possess a unique, insightful, provocative, and genuine voice that creates a signature style and experience for our viewers. We look forward to sharing our visions with the world and seeing if it is interested in watching more...
Furthermore, we will re-invest the fruits of your contributions into our company so that we can gain more commercial work from our new, polished portfolio. This way we can become self-sustaining and, ultimately, give back to other up-and-coming artists who are also looking for their chance.
But The Economy Is Rough...
If you're not able to financially contribute to our campaign, you would still be showing your support simply by forwarding our link to your friends and family ... and asking them to do the same! If nothing else, let everyone have a laugh at our George Michael-inspired humor. In the end, it's spreading the enjoyment of a shared experience that Visually Sound Pictures is about.
Warmest and best