Many Thanks to each Contributor!
There's still time to help FIC go from grunge to GREEN in 2013.
Either mail a check to:
FIC Green Office
RR 1 , Box 156
Rutledge MO 36536
The FIC board and staff
Making the Shift from Grunge to Green
FIC has been in the business of promoting cooperative culture for 25 years. The first decade we operated out of Board members' bedrooms and "virtual" offices. Then a supportive group donated an unused house trailer. We hauled that to Sandhill Farm and set it up as our first permanent office. For the last 15 we've made do with that flimsy '70s era facility that's bitter cold in January and sweltering hot in July. Enough is enough.
Last year the Board made the commitment to establish decent working conditions for our growing operations, and our first choice is to relocate to Dancing Rabbit, a thriving ecovillage of 70 adults on the way to hundreds, located just three miles away. As one of the foremost ecovillages in the world, Dancing Rabbit is effectively creating a truly sustainable village! Read stats here on the dramatic resource use reduction: http://www.dancingrabbit.org/resource-use-average-american-vs-dancing-rabbit-2011.
Why does FIC need a new office? The old one is falling apart, very difficult to maintain decent working conditions, and barely protects our inventory.
The new energy-efficient, Green building we aspire to construct will have many advantages:
- much larger pool of prospective staff.
- more convenient for staff to do short shifts, which translates to more prompt service (a short walk instead of a three-mile bike ride).
- synergistic visits: people coming to DR will also get to see FIC; people drawn to FIC will get DR as a bonus (and DR already gets hundreds of visitors each year!)
- possibility of office interns who can readily find temporary housing at DR. This will help us undertake special projects economically while at the same time bring new blood into the organization.
- better organization of resource files.
- better preservation of materials.
- meeting space for FIC Board and staff.
- much better atmosphere control=better staff morale.
Here's our budget
800 square foot energy efficient office with furnishings $90,000
Indiegogo campaign $45,000*
Major donors support & Foundation Grants $45,000
If everyone who's contacted us for information about cooperative living in the last 25 years gives only $1 each, we'll make our goal for this campaign.
*NOTE: It is fine for us to exceed this goal and we're happy to share more perks if we decide to keep raising more of the funds through this campaign!
What You'll Get...
Over the last quarter century FIC has proven our ability to promote community and provide a hungry public with up-to-date and comprehensive information about who's doing what and where. Now we need your help to keep helping you and all those who will follow, looking for cooperative alternatives.
For supporting this campaign, you'll receive some of that inspiration and information as our gift, including...
...and more! View more perks over here ----->
If we're successful, FIC will have the greenest
building in the state of Missouri!
YOUR green today will help make
OUR green possible tomorrow.
Simple ways to help if you don't have $ to share!
- Can't give a donation? Use the share tools below to spread the word.
- Help us get the word out! Share on facebook, email, on your blog. Every little bit helps!
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO MAKE AN ONLINE DONATION, PLEASE MAIL YOUR CHECK TO:
Fellowship for Intentional Community
RR 1 Box 156-W
Rutledge MO 63563-9720