If you missed the ending of the campaign, you can still help out. Follow this link below and see what can be done. Thanks to all that helped and please come to see the murals in downtown SpringPatch!
These murals are a historic project to be a part of for everybody involved. For Michael as a muralist to be painting Abraham Lincoln for the City he lived most his life is an honor.
- The lead artist is Michael J. Mayosky and he has been painting murals for almost 20 years in several states around the U.S.. The rest of these murals cannot have scaffolding used because of the accesability. So a lift is needed more than ever.
- The murals have been funded so far publicly and privately. Michael thought to let the world get a little involved in such an awesome project. Lincoln is the world's afterall.
- The need for public art is at an all time high when so many are down in this economy. Programs closing and arts cut. Murals are a great way to keep art around in the public arena.
- Contributing lets you be a part of Lincoln History in the town he loved and lived.
- This entire project has been filmed and documented for a future film about the experience slated for release in 2015.
- Michael has used the finest and most expensive paint in the world to ensure these walls will last for decades. Check out Keim Paints!
- The video displayed for our campaign is a preview to the making of these murals. The documentary about this project promises to be a interesting one.
- Pictured below is the mural at The Lincoln Depot where Abe gave his historic farewell to Springfield Speech before leaving for his Presidency. This is number two of three murals in this project.
We Need to Fix the Man-Lift Named Vincent!
Here is the scoop...and as fast as we can!
- In the final days of the first two murals of three to be completed, the transmission broke on the lift we use. No lift...no painting. The scaffolding cannot be used for the rest of the project. In the extreme reaches over obstacles only a boom lift will reach these remaining walls.
- Although this project has gotten awesome support locally, the costs of fixing the transmission have taken expenses into the red.
- Vincent is in top notch working order, the lift works great, the engine is rebuilt, and the body is in great shape, but the transmission is the broken part. This repair needed greatly affects the outcome of the project.
- A rebuilt transmission costs between 3500.00 to 4000.00 installed.
- Renting other man-lifts costs upward of $1k weekly, roughly three times as much as fixing the one we already have to be able to complete the projects.
- This lift will be used for many more projects after this. A fixed lift is a happy painter!
- Not only will this project be public, but the film documentation of this experience is immensely valuable. A good ending to this project would be grand in film! A professional quality film is being produced to be released in 2015 by two production companies.
- The winter is almost over, and it is time to start painting again! We want Vincent fixed by the last week of March! We are in crunch time!
- Pictured below is one of the two murals as is now. Consisting of almost 800,000 individual squares of color. Getting close to completion!
Contributing to this awesome project helps preserve a face of history in a profound and effective art form that reaches old and young alike, while keeping alive local area arts in such a way that we will see them thrive for many years ahead.
- These murals will capture from an artists' perspective the story of Lincoln as told through murals in his hometown and expand the exposure of the arts in our City Capital, a great need with all of the educational budget cuts hitting the arts in our area, we hope to see the area arts grow greatly.
- The issue with the lift breaking within days of completion of the first two murals is an expense that we feel would be more beneficial to our locals by support of private sector donations as opposed to any city funding. Support local!
- These murals will remain here for generations. Once this project is funded and completed, you will be included in the list of names to be thanked. Your name will be in the credits of the film as a special contributor, and you can share with your friends that you helped make this happen.
- If this is not a successful campaign, what ever funds we raised will be put towards rental of other lifts and/or scaffolding to complete the project. The murals will be done using any funding that becomes available.
Other Ways You Can Help
Not everybody has the ability to help out financially, but you can also....
- Tell your friends about this project. Time is short! We need lots of help now!
- Don't forget to use the Indiegogo share tools! These are great ways to help an artist in need.
- It's Abe Lincoln. The most famous American, EVER. How could anybody not enjoy a good Lincoln story? So spread the word!
Thank you for reading this through and considering contributing. Springfield had no Lincoln murals before, and now they do.
Please check out more details at...
Other points of interest about this project or about Michael's art can be found at His website...
Here you will find updates and interesting stories about this epic project. Any funds that go over our goal will be put to supplies needed for the completion of the third mural.
All perks contributed will put the donor on a list to be update by email through out th project. This is a great way to check on our progress!
International Mailing is Available.
Lovingly named 'Vincent VanGo'.
A sample image of one of the coffee mugs available!