Girls in Tech
Girls in Tech is a global non-profit focused on the empowerment, engagement and education of women in technology.
We will use this crowdfunding campaign to support GIT M, Girls in Tech's Mentorship program, as well as international expansion efforts.
Your donations will help us build the curriculum for GIT M, our Girls in Tech Mentorship program for girls in STEM fields in primary, secondary and high school around the world.
Our youngest participant, from Portland!
GIT M's workshops will
- Help increase interest and excitement around the STEM fields with hopes that more young women will enter the tech workforce and foster equal representation.
- Establish a global, active network of girls and women interested in computer science, coding, development, and design.
- Execute on a variety of educational programs to expose girls and women to technology best practices, skill-building, and potential career options.
- Encourage more female leaders in the tech industry to serve as role models and spread inspirational thoughts about leadership, taking risks and collaboration in the workplace.
Some of the programs we'll offer:
- Mobile app building workshops
- Business plan development workshops
- eMentorship matching
- Career shadowing
- D+D Day (Design and Development Day)
- Intro. to Coding
- GIT "Geeky" Field Trips
- Social media & Online marketing 101
Participants in our mentorship program in LA.
Other Ways You Can Help:
Some people can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- If you support our mission, please let your own friends and family know!
- Guest blogging.
- Introduction to female CEOs, entrepreneurs and leaders in the tech community.
- Sponsorships for events, monetary and in-kind.
About Girls in Tech: Launched in 2007, Girls in Tech is a global non-profit focused on the empowerment, engagement and education of women in technology. It is an all-volunteer effort that has grown organically to over 35 chapters spanning across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.