Beardo is the alter-ego of award-winning writer, artist, and musician Dan Dougherty. His comics career began in 2006 with the graphic novel Cyclone Bill and the Tall Tales. He’s since illustrated dozens of books in multiple genres, including the children's books (Sam & The Jungle Band and You Got A Boogie), comic series (Touching Evil, also written by Dan), graphic novels (The Apocalypse Plan and Bob Howard: Plumber Of The Unknown) and the horror anthology Haunting Tales Of Horrorbles.
Beardo is the back to back winner of the prestigious Shel Dorf Award for Syndicated Print Strip of the Year (2012 and 2013), and Dan's comic series Touching Evil won the 2013 Shel Dorf for Self-Published Comic of the Year. Dan lives south of Chicago with his wife Megan, and their two dogs, Penny Lane and Abbey Road.
What we need to do with Beardo...
ComicMix is bringing the first three volumes of Beardo back into print and adding the fourth book in the series out in time for Christmas!
Book 1, Beardo: The Art Degree Guarantee, will be coming out in May 2014 (ISBN: 978-1-939888-02-0, also available through Diamond and Ingram). Book 2, Beardo: Brew Harder!, will be coming out in July 2014. Book 3, Beardo: Til Debt Do Us Part, will be coming out in September 2014. Book 4, Beardo: Self-Employee Of The Month, is expected to be coming out in November 2014.
What you get.
As part of our pre-ordering campaign, you have the chance to get items that have never been made available before, like a genuine Beardo comb, coffee mugs, tee-shirts, original art from the series, or custom commissioned work just for you!
Stretch goals? Of course there are stretch goals!Dan doesn't know we're doing this yet, but hey, we want to give you some incentive.
- If we raise $5000, Dan will have his full beard shaved down to a Van Dyke beard.
- If we raise $7500, Dan will have his beard shaved down to a mustache.
- If we raise $10000, Dan will have his full beard shaved off.
- If we raise $30000, Dan will have his head shaved.
- If we raise $50000, we're going to shave everything off of Dan, except what would be covered by a standard bathing suit. And his eyebrows. (We don't want him to look too weird.)