An authoritative source for game content
We all know iMDB when it comes down to movies. A lot of people, including us, have wondered why an authoritative database like this does not exist for games. It's 2013 now, and we think it's time for a database that contains every single bit of information about every game that will or has been released.
Let us introduce ourselves: we are Vaai, a Dutch internet company founded in 2007. We love creating fluid and beautiful web experiences. Besides that, our passion is gaming. We think it's the second best way to blow off some steam. ;)
With your help we can create the ultimate game database with information about released and upcoming games. Gamebase will be the iMDB for games.
We have planned the following features:
- Users can add and edit games and game details
- Users can add and edit people and company pages
- Users can rate and review games
- Users can personalize the homepage
- Users can post on the forums (per game)
- Users can create and maintain a watch list, have list and completed list
- The database can be searched in many, many ways:
- by name, platform, genre, company, characters and persons
- by popularity, anticipation, rating, most completed, etc.
- Users can earn badges (gamification)
- Users can sync their game list with Steam, Xbox Live and PSN
- And many, many more...
That's nice and all, but come on, do you need a whopping $100,000 for that?
Yes and no. As developing a website like this has been our dream for years, we will definitely make it come true. But we know it's a lot of work. The more money you pledge, the more features we can add and the faster we can make it happen. So, what do we do when you contribute?
$ 15,000 - 29,999
We will work full time on a basic version of the website with two developers and two designers. This basic version includes the database and the editing possibilities.
$ 29,999 - 39,999
We will expand the team and add support for videos, reviews, forums and moderators.
$ 40,000 - 49,999
We will expand the team and add support for synchronization and gamification.
$ 50,000 - 50,099
We will celebrate with sushi and Japanese beers.
$ 50,100 - 99,999
We will expand the team and create an Android, iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone app and we will work on features requested by the community.
We faint. And we will make sure that the site and the apps will be completely ad free, forever.
Let's go! :)
We're excited to get started on this ambitious project! And we're one hundred percent sure that with your help we can make this happen. We hope you like our perks, but of course you can also contribute by spreading the word!