// What is Game Gorilla?Most of us have on occasion borrowed a game or two from our friends - games that we were not only excited to play, but equally as excited to not have to pay for the experience. Most of the time, that same friend might have wanted to borrow a game from you - a mutually beneficial endeavor to say the least.
Now imagine having the ability to trade your games with people across the entire country, not just your close circle of friends.
At Game Gorilla, we offer just that. Our patented algorithm matches up users from across the country and allows them to trade their games with each other in the safest environment possible. Consequently, your circle of friends just got much bigger. And here's the good part, all users deal with us directly, and we guarantee a successful trade from the beginning to the end of the process.
We can't complete this endeavor without you. As a contributor, you will be helping us establish the best interactive web experience possible. The interface of Game Gorilla is extremely easy to use. Users will list the games they want to trade, as well as input the games they desire. We take care of the rest. One of the benefits of Game Gorilla is that users never have to deal with the general public. All games come through our facility where they will all go through a 10-point inspection process before being sent to their respective owners. When your game is sent to you, you can be assured that it will be in 100% working condition.
// The Breakdown
- Trade next generation console games with anyone across the US for $5 plus S&H.*
- List the games you own for the games you want, using our simple drop-down-box interface. Our custom algorithm takes care of the rest.
- Once a match is found and both parties accept, a prepaid envelope is immediately sent to both parties.
- When both games arrive at our facility, the inspection process begins and games are shipped out within one business day.
- Enjoy your brand new game, it's yours to keep forever!
// Why Us?
There are a lot of choices out there to obtain new games. Why choose Game Gorilla?
In order to best answer this question, let's take a look at some of the other choices out there.
- Renting: One of the more popular choices. While game renting is convenient and easy to use, most services require a monthly fee. That fee automatically deducts from your bank account every month regardless of how often you actually used the service. In addition, the games you rent are not yours to keep. You have to return them in order to rent more games. One final note is liability. You break/lose it, you buy it.
- Store Credit: Another option is to trade in your used games for store credit at your local game store. Much like a car, the moment you leave the store, your $60 game just massively depreciated. A person would typically have to trade in several games in order to accumulate enough store credit to buy a new game.
- Auction/Listings: Using an auction or listing site, can generally save you money on a new game, but it also has its risks, namely, having to deal with the general public. While some of these sites have reputation systems implemented, you're still taking a risk.
So why Game Gorilla?
- Cost Effective: Regardless of the fluctuations of pricing - age of a game, market changes etc, every trade will always cost $5. From a cost perspective, Game Gorilla offers the best deal around by far.
- Easy to use: Once your games are posted, Game Gorilla does all the work for you - right down to the pre-paid envelopes we send to your door. There is no easier way to get the games you want to play.
- Safe: Game Gorilla takes the place of the general public. All users deal directly with us. We 100% guarantee successful trades. In addition to this and unlike other services, your new game is yours to keep forever. It has become your property. You may keep it always or trade it again at a later time. There is no liability at any time for any one of our users.
// Our Goals:The more money we raise for this project, the better Game Gorilla will be at launch. With these contributions we aim to build and improve Game Gorilla's overall design and functionality for the best possible user experience. In addition, if we meet our goal of $50,000 USD, we will be able to add an even bigger database that will not only inclue PS4 and Xbox One games, but Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U games as well.
Please help make our dreams a reality! Every little bit helps, no donation is too small. Please help spread the word about this new and exciting service!
Below are some screenshots from the actual web app that is currently under development.
Home Page - Simply sign in or register to get started
The Dashboard - Managing your games and trades is easy
Adding your games - Select the game you have / want and the packaging
Managing Your Account - Modify your shipping address and payment information
Mobile Friendly - You can add/remove games, and view / accept trades directly from your mobile device
*S&H are not included with trades. Shipping costs may vary depending on current rates. Shipping rates per disc are roughly $2. We never charge more than current rates for shipping.
**High Priority trades will automatically move your games to the front of the queue allowing for much faster trading. (Get it now before it's a feature!)