Fowl Owl Folk Zine: Small Press, Big Eyes
This baby-paged small press publication is hoping you'll lend a feather or dollhair to really get our wingzaflappin'! With two issues under our zinewings, we're planning funky, fowl, and freaky things in the near future! A lack of proper funding is keeping us grounded and our big eyeballs wanna gobble up the zine world. Won't ye help a wee hooter out? Our main goals for this fund-foraging venture are the following:
- Larger reach! Fowl Owl Folk Zine in your nearest bookshop or DIY boutique! We wanna see the world, eat all the mice and snakes of the printed world...
- Color print runs, larger print runs, better quality printing, the benefits of a larger budget means a bigger, badder, and more frighteningly fowl publication!
You love zines. We is zines. It makes cents&dimes.
Feather our nest!
- Minding our Ps and Qs is thee hardest part. We have two issues already that deserve a larger print run and a wider distribution. We also need funding to produce our third issue, the most poetry-puffy zine to date! In the pipes, weve got several other issues that are "Fowl Owl Folk presents" publications that have JUST been freshly hatched! As the average cost to print one single zine in black and white with a 25 page average of 5.5" x 8.5" size is about $1.80, a decision has been made to inspire you to invest. We have so many other future issues that are severely limited by lack of funding and that just ain't right.
- Ship to my lou! We can't call upon the sweet little hooves of the Pony Express for a favor anymore... The US Post Office means serious stamps. Fowl Owl wants to see the country and the world! The cost to mail two zines via USPS is about $1.00 not including the envelope.
- We don't need to reach $500... It'd be nice... but so would a pony. We merely are looking for a small nest egg to help this zine get off the ground.
Who gives a hoot!
- You could!!! We wanna give you hoots and hollers! Among the benefits of donating are some of the following: Copies of our first and second issues, a hand-numbered copy of our third issue, copies of our "Fowl Owl Folk Zine presents..." special issues, a foam beer koozie featuring our wide-eyed feathered friend, a hand-made zine kit by sir Fowl himself, Fowl Owl Folk pencils, a dedication page in the third issue, advertising space in our third issue, signed art prints that have been featured in the zine, original drawings, a poem written for just for you, a date with Fowl the Owl, and much more!!!
- You can sleep easy knowing that we're spitting out owl pellets into the publishing world and YOU aided in this perversion.
- Your eyes and brain will be swimming in original, exciting content by up-and-coming AND established poets, authors, artists, photographers, and creative folks the very minute you open up your copies of Fowl Owl Folk Zine!
The Bald Eagle still has feathers...
If you haven't a penny, we still love you.
- Share our mission all over der interwebbies!!!
- Submit your amazing work to email@example.com
Sank you, as owl-ways.