Thank You #FixYoungAmerica Funders -- Here's How You Can Help Us Make #FYA Even BIGGER!
UPDATE: Now that we have exceeded our funding goal, we will be able to achieve even more, including solidifying even more partnerships to increase the scope of our national outreach about solutions to end youth unemployment and working with more organizations to get their feedback and solutions to present during our ongoing national outreach. And we will continue raising funds through May 7 with the intention of increasing the number of books and ideas we are able to directly put in decision makers' hands. Thank you, again, for helping us reach our goal to #FixYoungAmerica!
Help Us #FixYoungAmerica Right Now
Our government is being strangled by partisan politics, youth employment is at a 60-year low, and student loan debt tops $1 trillion -- and yet only the loudest negative voices in the room are getting mainstream media attention. If we genuinely want Millennials -- and future generations -- to survive and thrive in the new economy, then we need REAL solutions, and we need them now. Having worked with tens of thousands of young people and dozens of America's most storied institutions and organizations, the Young Entrepreneur Council has witnessed firsthand the programs, policies and solutions that ARE working. Now, the YEC seeks to lead a solutions-based movement -- and start a much-needed conversation in this country -- to #FixYoungAmerica.
IMPORTANT: By donating to this campaign, you are NOT just funding a book. You are participating in a national conversation. And you are making it possible for us to put real solutions into the hands of decision makers across the United States so we can permanently change the national conversation on youth unemployment. The more money we raise, the more decision makers we will be able to reach -- and the more events, media campaigns, bus tours and outreach we will be able to do. And as a valued supporter, we'll keep you updated every step of the way.
How Will We #FixYoungAmerica?
The YEC and dozens of campaign partners (including Babson College, Junior Achievement, Codecademy, NFTE and more) will introduce real, proven solutions to our nation's biggest problem: How do we overcome the epidemics of youth unemployment and underemployment to #FixYoungAmerica? To do so, the YEC-led coalition will spearhead a 10-city bus tour (in partnership with Young Invincibles), a mainstream media campaign, and the debut of the official #FixYoungAmerica book, a compilation of essays written by America's most brilliant intellectuals, nonprofit founders, philanthropists, educators, politicians, and entrepreneurs championing youth entrepreneurship.
What Ideas Are Included in the Campaign?
From policy ideas and educational programs, to private sector solutions and philanthropic activities, the #FixYoungAmerica initiative will provide politicians, educators, community leaders, executives, ordinary citizens and young people with best practices and tangible solutions -- directly from the very leaders who have proven their effectiveness -- that reveal how government, academia, nonprofits, the private sector and ordinary citizens we can ALL work together to spark an entrepreneurial revolution and rebuild the American dream for millions of young people. Several of the solutions the campaign and book will explore include:
- Student loan forgiveness for young entrepreneurs
- Supporting franchise ownership for veterans & youth
- Ways to create new "Silicon Valleys" throughout the U.S.
- Best practices for colleges to graduate more entrepreneurs
- Expanding Self-Employment Assistance (SEA)
- Increasing young founders' access to capital
- Teaching entrepreneurship to ALL young Americans, including at-risk youth.
How Will We Achieve Success Together?
Our outreach efforts depend upon your contributions. The more donations we receive, the more of the following goals we can realize. Several of #FYA's key campaign goals are to:
- Put a copy of the book into the hands of every politician, college president and applicable leader in America;
- Testify in a Congressional hearing about issues facing young entrepreneurs, and the solutions that can help them;
- Set up a round-table meeting with President Obama and other government leaders to discuss #FYA solutions;
- Rally support for our initiative from major U.S. corporations, celebrities and noteworthy entrepreneurs;
- Gain traction in the mainstream media for the solutions presented in order to generate greater awareness for the campaign;
- Raise enough funds to bring the campaign to the masses and deliver our message to decision makers across the United States;
- Get hundreds of additional proven solutions from individuals and organizations not yet included in the book or campaign, to further our objective to #FixYoungAmerica.
#FixYoungAmerica is not some utopian dream. This a series of proven, realistic and possible goals worth fighting for. From the Arab Spring to Occupy Wall Street to the SOPA and PIPA protests, we've seen the power of what like-minded individuals can achieve. We invite you to join us as we set out to do what no government or organization can do alone: #FixYoungAmerica. For more information, visit: http://fixyoungamerica.com.
We will announce all of our contributors and supporters soon. If you agree that it's time to #FixYoungAmerica and put young people back to work, contribute now -- and let's get this conversation started.
Other Ways You Can Help
There are many ways to show your support besides helping to fund our initiative. Here are 5 ways you can help #FixYoungAmerica RIGHT NOW: