Skip the pitch, just watch the trailer here:
Long, Long Story Short
We have finished, and fests want our film, but in order to put our best foot forward, we need a liiiiiiiittle more money... then we are done! No, really.... done! You will be able to see it on the big screen or pop it in your DVD player.
This has been hard. Really hard. When we began, our son couldn't speak, and now is running around yelling "FINISH THIS MOVIE!". Yes, it's hard and if you are reading this, you can relate. But with your help, we are done.
With Your HelpWe will be able to pay for:
- A color correct which is happening as we speak at The Mill.
- A Sound Edit which is also happening as we speak.
- A score which is happening as I write this.
**PLEASE NOTE this isn't our first time at the crowd-funding rodeo and you know perks can really cost as much as the money we raised, so while we have a few, any amount of contribution from $1- 1000 is more than welcome, the tiers are just listed as a guide.
- Expands voices in film and dance, and reaches outwards to places it otherwise could not. By making this film the best it can be, it gives it more chance to be accepted by festivals and audiences alike.
- This film addresses a theme that is seldom discussed and is important to address. The lead character struggles with her identity as her title of lead dancer is removed and replaced with motherhood- a title she is more than a little uncomfortable with.
- Your contribution will have physical and gratifying results that you will be able to see, connect with, and share. You get to say that YOU made this possible.
- Fall to Rise stars Daphne Rubin-Vega, Desmond Richardson, Katherine Crockett, Kohl Sudduth, and some amazing Martha Graham Dancers. They give amazing performances. They gave it their all on our micro budget and we are so excited to share their work with you. This film also allowed our DP to complete her first feature, it was an incubator and a platform for exploration for so many, including us, and we want to share the results with you in the best light possible.
You MatterAs I said, we wouldn't be at this point without a TON of people's help. The project is bigger than us. There are AMAZING dancing and performances in this film and we want it to get out. Desmond Richardson, Daphne Rubin-Vega, Katherine Crockett, Kohl Sudduth, Tamara Tunie and many more give amazing performances that have to be seen and the story of a woman who becomes who searches to find herself again after being robbed of her art needs to be told.
If you cannot give money, please share this campaign.