Express Yourself Creative Writing Workshop (Spring 2013)
"Children learn in different ways." - Jawanza Kunjufu
Our goal is to provide a single-day introduction to creative writing techniques and strategies for high school and middle school youth in the San Diego area. Our instructors and guest speakers include local poets, authors and members of the writing community. This will serve as the pilot project for a summer writing experience for the same target audience.
This workshop is designed to be both interactive and informative. Participants in this workshop walk away with an understanding of how to take a creative writing project from idea to finished product ready for potential publication. Through this creative writing workshop, participants will be exposed to scholarships, grants, contests and other opportunities available to young writers.
Help Today's Youth Express Themselves
Your donation and support will assist us in providing participants with:
- Qualified instructors who understand the business of writing from years of both experience and education
- Participant packages that include writing journals and helpful handouts
- Publication in an anthology of participant creative writing available in the summer of 2013
The Potential Impact
Express Yourself can make a difference for its participants by:
- Channeling creative talent and ability in a positive manner
- Providing a platform for skills development with mentoring and support beyond instruction
- Introducing participants to the business of creative writing while honing the skills necessary for the craft
Other Ways You Can Help
If you just can’t contribute, that doesn’t mean that you can’t help:
- Share the link of this campaign with friends on social networks and via email.
- Download of Bruce Jackson's e-books of inspirational poetry as a sign of support!
- Order special gear or products by Life Path Ministries & Services
No matter what you do, support our youth in positive and creative demonstrations of skills and talent like Express Yourself.