Did you grow up with turn-based strategy games like Masters of Orion 1 or 2, or even Settlers?
Are you tired of modern games with lots of fancy graphics, but no filling?
Do you like games that makes you think, dominate, rule the universe and prove your true genius to the rest of the world?
Earth Doom (www.earthdoom.com) is an old school text based strategy game that has existed since 2000.
Due to the advance in new technologies, it has forever been our dream to visualize this game utilizing a more graphical, visual layout, while staying true to the original concept.
The game will be reimagined utilizing a slick, modern and graphical user interface as well as tons of features, like:
- Reimagination of old-school 4X games fully playable within your own browser. 100% multiplayer focus. No boring singleplayer campaign!
- Resources! (We give you more resources than any other game out there. Why settle with a few millions, when you can get billions?)
- Pixels! (Other games gives you millions of pixels, we give you billions of them. Except that we hide most of them. You know, to save your graphics card. )
- Units! (Why settle on anything less? And they also arrive mostly on time, except during holidays or lunch breaks)
- Domination! (Because you know you want to be uber cool and dominate all of your friends)
- Retro game-play! (Why waste time on all of these modern FPS games with fancy graphics when you know games were better in the past?)
Anyways, here are some screenshots from some of the games that have heavily influenced us:
What We Need & What You Get
Except for the fact that being awesome is expensive, we are in need of a little bit of cash to hire talented graphics designers and programmers to re-create the necessary visual style that we want to focus on, and will likely be broken down like this:
$2500 programming expenses (hiring programmers and coders)
$1000 graphics expenses (hiring graphics designers)
$1000 marketing expenses (advertising, press releases, promotion material etc)
$500 bribing expenses (bribing game journalists etc for extra positive reviews)
What do you get?
- Beta access to the game
- Access to developer's only special forums
- Ability to influence the game's direction
- Name a race of your choice
- Suggest a feature (BIG FRIKKIN LAZERS!) of your choice (nothing boring or reasonable please)
What if we don't make the goal?
In that case we would use the funds we get to improve on the existing game as much as reasonably possible.
Why is this project valuable to the contributor and to the world?
Mainly because of a lack of high-quality, modern 4X games that are approachable, available to play anywhere (PC, Tablet, Mobile phone, etc) and are FULLY and 100% multiplayer focused.
We have worked on the web-based strategy game since 2000, and has amassed roughly 200 active players at once, and thousands upon thousands of players who have played the game over the years.
Other Ways You Can Help
Tweet, blog, write or promote this project in any way that you can, even if you can't afford to pay anything at all!